ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parrot Install - where to route the mic & controller cables?

FormulaFord Ecoboost
I've installed a Parrot CK3000 in my 172ph1 and I'm wondering how to get the microphone and controller cable wires routed to the best location.

I've got the Parrot box shoved down to the left (by the passengers footwell) but I'm thinking of mounting the mic on the top of the 'A' pillar with the controller itself in the middle of the dash.

Any advice?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ive fitted loads, just did one on the wifes clio dci yesturday, box and cables behind radio, screen just above the radio to the right, mic at the top of the drivers a pillar, done

FormulaFord Ecoboost
ive fitted loads, just did one on the wifes clio dci yesturday, box and cables behind radio, screen just above the radio to the right, mic at the top of the drivers a pillar, done

Cheers but it's the 'getting the cable to the 'A' Pillar that I can't do. Do I need to take the dash top off? :)

microphone should be mounted centrally, ie near the interior light. Too much background noise/echo when fitted in the corner

FormulaFord Ecoboost
Ah! Cheers guys. I mounted the mic at the top of the A pillar in the last car but evidently it's more of an issue in Clios.
There was me thinking the interior light suggestion was a 'cosmetic' solution. Sounds like it's the best idea really.

So I just need to keep my eye out for a 172 Ph2 Interior light cluster? Would anybody have a picture of the one I need as I've seen some that appear to be one large light whereas my car (172 Ph1) has one main light plus a moveable spot light.

Somebody also mentioned Ph2 headlining. That sounds a bit drastic... is that really necessary?

thanks again