ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Installing amp into i-Music 2010

1.2 i-Music 2010
Hi community, I'm new here and hoping to get a little help with installing my amp into my Renault Clio 1.2 i-Music 2010.

I've managed to go as far as mounting the amp into the carpet at the side of my boot (although a little concerned about the screws touching the metal underneath, thinking this might cause a possible short?) as well as wiring my sub up to the amp. I'm currently in the process of wiring the RCA cables and grounding wires to the radio (aftermarket) and the rear seats.

Now I've had a long, long search around in hope for some images (lots of which were dead links), videos (lots of which had negative feedback or bad ratings and therefore couldn't trust) and threads (most of which were helpful, but still need just that little bit more help!)

A thread I looked into specifically was on this very forum which I will link here: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/amp-sub-install.679375/

It actually helped quite a lot, but unfortunately I'm a little concerned about getting the power cable through the firewall to the battery. I'm not too sure if I have to take the glove box off but I can see a grommet or two that may lead me into the engine to feed the wire up to the battery, however I can't see where this leads out to when looking at the engine - but without tampering too much I think I need a second pair of eyes (or many pairs of eyes in this case!) to help me figure out what the best thing to do is! Although I would prefer not to drill a new hole and get a safe grommet for said hole, I can do this as a last resort if, again, I can get some visual help with it :) (If I can be told, from my images, where exactly I should drill, etc)

I've uploaded some images which I'm sure will help someone tell me what exactly I can/should do!
Bonnet:
Under the glove box:

Any help/advice would be fantastic and, of course, is greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot for taking your time to read this! :)