ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parrot or Double Din...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Picked up a 207 yesterday so am n 2 minds of what to do, I want to be able to play Music from my iPhone, Take make calls hands free and some sort of dock for Sat Nav using the phone unless the Double Din has Sat Nav built in.

Option 1 - Fit a Parrot MKi9200, seems a decent bit of kit and is about £150 but guessing I'd need a few extras to keep steering wheel controls.

Option 2 - Fit a Double Din HU but have no idea where to start looking, Would want it to be fairly OE looking and once again keeping steering wheel controls.

With both options I'd like to keep use of the screen at the top which displays track names and details if that would be possible.

Any recommendations?
I would ask on the 207oc but its a really slow forum.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It does seem to be winning in most of the departments I just wasn't sure if I could get a nice Double din HU that did the same and maybe more,

I'll do a little more research and see what has been used over on 207oc.

Polo + Micra
i've got an alpine ics-x8 in my polo

doesn't look that far from a standard looking screen but i'd say not quite as nice as that pioneer but does have a bigger screen

107 Track Car & C4
I've had a couple of Parrot products, really good, so that would be the one I'd go for :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looking inot the Pioneer further apparently its not very good at all :(

Thought it seemed too cheap.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Either Parrott or an Alpine hu with Parrott in.

I do 25k a year and the Parrott is ace.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Got to agree with Dink... Without spending too much I think I'd prefer a replacement headunit over a Parrot kit as not a fan of the little screen stuck on the dash somewhere

Got to agree with Dink... Without spending too much I think I'd prefer a replacement headunit over a Parrot kit as not a fan of the little screen stuck on the dash somewhere

See, the only problem with the one I linked you is the front panel is not removable which is a little off putting, and there is also no front AUX. But apart from that it seems pretty good with all the apps and what not

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
It does seem good I just don't want to rush into buying anything without weighing up all options and costs.

Clio 1.2 16v Extreme
I have the parrot mate, its ideal, take calls, ring people, 3 choices of music input, works well and once you have bought it you dont need any hidden extras, just plug in, fit it and away you go, great piece of kit, recommended!

Polo + Micra
I have the parrot mate, its ideal, take calls, ring people, 3 choices of music input, works well and once you have bought it you dont need any hidden extras, just plug in, fit it and away you go, great piece of kit, recommended!

bit like my alpine double din make/recieve calls, bluetooth music, 2 rear usb ports, cd/dvd player with divx and mp3 playback all on a nice 7inch screen

just a little bit more than the parrot lol

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
The Alpine looks great but a little more than I really want to be spending but then I may be after Champagne with Beer money :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Tempted by the Parrot Asteroid as although its not Double Din it does everything else I want it seems,
Anyone know if the Parrot Asteroid Smart (Double Din) ever made it to the uk??

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Further investigation shows the Double Din version is not out yet :(