ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parrot question

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
So, I've got a Parrot ck3100 fitted in the clio and the screens mounted to the right of the steering wheel on the dash trim bit.

My problem is that no matter what I do I can't get the screen to stay there! I've tried window security double sided tape, and endless other tapes and nothing holds it.

I've thought of a couple of options, one being using a glue gun (I have a spare bit of that trim anyway) but would that go soft if the car was in the sun? And ive also thought of superglue but then how do you keep it the right place while it dries?

How have you all mounted your screens and where?

Thanks

Clio 182
I used to fit mki9100/9200 & ck3000, but have came across ck3100's a couple of times. When new these are prefitted with sticky pads, when refitting these or when not fitted properly I used 1mm foam self adhesive pads. But.... Regardless of what you use if you don't clean all polish/ dash shine stuff off then it won't stick well at all. Best bet is to find a bit of plastic trim to mount, but if on foam-like textured dashboard, a good rub with alcohol wipes will do the trick.

If you wanted to spend a little cash, you could look down the route of a brodit clip, iirc these will allow for the screen to be mounted in centre of dash next to radio

Westfield, 182, 200
As above, really clean the surface you intend to mount it to with alcohol, meths etc.

There are extra mounts that come with the kit, I may have them if you're stuck!

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
As above, really clean the surface you intend to mount it to with alcohol, meths etc.

There are extra mounts that come with the kit, I may have them if you're stuck!

Does the kit come with mounts? Mine only came with a weird wire thing that im not really sure where it goes to be honest!
skinz iirc a brodit proclivity is for phones more than the parrot kit and they're loads of money, remember looking before and it was around 50 quid for my S3

edit: proclip* stupid phone spellcheck