ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

parts from 2.0 16V(F7R) to 1.8 16V (F7P)

Clio Hybrid
as mentioned I do have few questions if it is possible to use some parts from F7R enging and put them into F7P.

For example I do have a good F7P (1.8 16V) with modyfied head gasket, cat cams followers, etc...

No I have a chance to get pistons, crankshaft, connecting rods from F7R. Is it possible to install this parts into 1.8 16V engine - if yes what modifications are required?

Thank you for your help.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
you need to machine away some of the block to allow for the crank clearence, which is just the diesel crank btw, you also are going to need the valves (i think)

Edit: and you will need to bore it out by .7mm

Last edited:

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Basicly, its a massive pain in the arse, tou might aswell drop a meg lump straight in.

clio 16V turbo
well, good question cuz i was wondering if the connecting rods of the F7R are the same as those from the F7P. will they fit the F7P crank? i know 4 shure that the F7R has a different stroke

S2000
You would be as well getting an F7R block as there would be a lot of work in changing the F7P block to accept it all. The F7R has both a longer stroke and a larger bore than an F7P.

Also the conrods for both engines are the same anyway.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
well, good question cuz i was wondering if the connecting rods of the F7R are the same as those from the F7P. will they fit the F7P crank? i know 4 shure that the F7R has a different stroke

Yes, the later (willy 3, i think) have a better design, so try find the newest you can.

Same crack sizes. The early 1.8 16V have hbig heavy conrods.

Yes, the later (willy 3, i think) have a better design, so try find the newest you can.

Depends what train fo thought your going down the early 1.8 16v are the strongest but have weight in them.

clio 16V turbo
I have a '91 1.8 16V
do you guy'z think those rods can handle great boost?

I'm talking about a low comp engine so maybe around the 20 PSI's ?
or should I look for Forged conrods?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Depends what train fo thought your going down the early 1.8 16v are the strongest but have weight in them.

Ah, didnt know they were stronger, just that they were streamlined and lighter, whats the likelyhood of failure?

I have a '91 1.8 16V
do you guy'z think those rods can handle great boost?

I'm talking about a low comp engine so maybe around the 20 PSI's ?
or should I look for Forged conrods?
How come you need so much boost?

Road should be fine not the roads which will be the issue.

Ah, didnt know they were stronger, just that they were streamlined and lighter, whats the likelyhood of failure?

Jsut thicker and beafier.

Clio Hybrid
Ok , thank you for all your information. I have already get the parts from F7R and took my car to service. They told me that there is no problem to make such exchange. It will cost (with my parts) aproximately 300 euro. They have two engines like this one, built already.