ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pass plus anypoint?

i'm doing it now. don't know why actually. some insurers knock some money off for it though. i think i'm doing it out of boredom

2001 Ph1 172
when i passed i got loads of quoats with and without it with the biggest saving it worked out at £10 saving after you take away the cost of the lessons! COULDNT B ARSED!!!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
when i passed i got loads of quoats with and without it with the biggest saving it worked out at £10 saving after you take away the cost of the lessons! COULDNT B ARSED!!!

Got to disagree with that. Both my kids did it and saved at least 15% on their insurance. Not to mention the benefit of having some proper check on their driving ability after they beat the "got it right on the day" driving test we have in this country.

i must say it can be useful. especially seen as you have never been on the motorway whilst learning or on your test and it incorporates different types of driving that you will need, night time, town, country, long distance.

mk5 VDUB polo
yeh its cool, i did it on tuesday. learn some things and get comfortable on motorways so it is usefull. some insurers give up to 30% discount, depends where you go really

The AA along with some other give (or used to) a 1 year's NCB discount for having it.

I found it a bit of a waste but I'd driven for quite a lot before doing it.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
if you do it just after you pass well worth it, if you have a years driving experience its not worth it at all as you probably wont save much because you have road experience.

if i did it as soon as i passed i would have got £600 back off my insureres, norwich union, but because money was scarce had to wait a few months, but still saved £300 on my policy so its all good.

182 FF
I did it a few years ago, I remember endsleigh gave me a real good dicount, with a further discount when I told em I was a uni student, deffo worth givin them a try, they don't ask for proof that your a student and so give you the extra discount.:approve:

RB 182
Same here got 550 off with RAC defo worth it for me. Depends if you have your own policy etc but still kind of worth it for the experience.

S13
I got the full 30% off with Norwich Union, worked out around 600 quid discount I think. Was nice to get some experience driving on the motorways as well. Well worth it imo.

2 wheel power
I'm going to do it soon, already driven in the conditons they cover but if it saves me money it's worth doing it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Direct Line gave me 20% off with it (£300 a year) you can only use it if your on your own policy tho so only worth doing it if your going in your own name

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
I did it a few years ago, I remember endsleigh gave me a real good dicount, with a further discount when I told em I was a uni student, deffo worth givin them a try, they don't ask for proof that your a student and so give you the extra discount.:approve:

OOPS ! I wouldn’t admit on here that you falsified information to obtain motor insurance. That’s an offence under the theft act (obtaining a pecuniary advantage) and invalidates your policy.....:nono:

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Brain, have you never bent the law? Even a little bit. Everybody I know and can think of has. You just always seem to be so defiant with the Law.

Oh and to be on topic, Pass Plus is onlu valid for your first year of driving, after that its worthless insurance wise, so use it whilst you can

Last edited:
Its good and worth it for the driving experience and getting some money off although since getting my first insurance I've not noticed many companies that accept it.

Renault clio 1.4 16v
i paid £150 for mine and never send off for it lol:eek: but it did save me about £100 but they only last a year

Der Panzer
I wouldn’t admit on here that you falsified information to obtain motor insurance. That’s an offence under the theft act (obtaining a pecuniary advantage) and invalidates your policy.....:nono:

I'm guessing you're bacon. While I have to agree with you, have a day off and a smile.

tiTTy & SV650
bacon with a Porker? more like lawyer! lol

saying your a student, big deal - how many people start and quit uni / colege in the first year?! loads. How many night courses are there, loads. If they dont look for evidence, so be it.

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
i did it when i pass my test, i got quoted 1400 before passplus on my 1.4 nova, after i did it it i got 700 quote from same insurers. 50% knocked off

saying your a student, big deal - how many people start and quit uni / colege in the first year?! loads. How many night courses are there, loads. If they dont look for evidence, so be it.

I think the point more is that insurance companies are struggling to stay profitable at the moment! More and more claims involve the 'personal injury' element and the total cost of claims is rocketing.

Subsequently insurance companies will try harder and harder not to pay out on policies.

Saving a few % on your premium is all well and good but when you're suddenly hit with a bill for £30,000 because you crashed and your insurance company voided your policy for claiming to be a student when you're not you'll wish you'd paid the full amount for your policy!

Re. pass plus I'd advise you to do it even if you don't save anything on your insurance! The quality of the drivers on Britain's roads is appaling and no where more so than the motorways. Poor lane discipline is the main contributing factor to the delays we all experience!

B

Brown.

i saved 500 in my first year, its defo worth it for new drivers, plus it teaches you night driving, and pulling out on to duel carriage ways . tis really good

Renaultsport Clio 172 Ph2
when i passed i got a 1.2 corsa without pass plus insuurance was 1600 with it was 1100 so def worth gettin. however now ive got 4 years no claims and it costa me 335 to insure a 172 phase 2

Beast
Insurance without pass plus = £1800
Insurance with pass plus = £1300

Pass plus cost = £150

Bit of a no-brainer! And I got pissed up for free with my instructor afterwards, what a legend :D

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Got to disagree with that. Both my kids did it and saved at least 15% on their insurance. Not to mention the benefit of having some proper check on their driving ability after they beat the "got it right on the day" driving test we have in this country.

i got 30% wiht norwich union last year, saved me about £300 even takign the lesson price into consideration

Abarth Grande Punto
ive got it, not sure if its worth it but it didnt cost much and its good to say youve got! Was thinking of doing the A.I.M course. Anyone rate it??

182 FF
Wow, I caused a bit of controversy with the student thing. Don't forget there are lots of different types of students, full time, part time, night time,;)
when my cousin did it he was on day relaese whilst working so still classed as a student! it also covers college students so alot of people could benefit from the discount

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
ive got it, not sure if its worth it but it didnt cost much and its good to say youve got! Was thinking of doing the A.I.M course. Anyone rate it??

Do you mean IAM? If so, definitely worth it...for the fuel savings alone.

Why is it that everyone thinks they were born with the natural ability to drive?

Regardless of insurance savings everyone should do it. As chiefsilverback said above, general quality of driving is apalling, yet so few people will "admit" that they have something to learn and can improve their ability by doing some further driver training once the basic test has been passed.