ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passanger Brake/Interior/clock Light HELP

Hey everyone, new to the forum and i need some urgent help. I have a 2002 authentique clio;

My passanger side brake light has gone aswell as the interior/dashboard/clock lights have gone aswell. However my driver side light is fine, also both lights work when the brake is pressed.
This problem has occured literally half an hour ago when i tried fitting a new cd player when smoke started to come out of it :(

I have also checked all the fuses and the bulb i am certain they are all ok as it was all working perfect before i tried to put the cd player in. This is really weird.

Can anyone help please?

PH2 Clio 172
You need to start with a voltage meter on the bulb holders of the lights that are not working, check you have power there.

ok what about the clock/dash lights etc its a real pain, its odd how the left side has short out and it has effected the clock lights etc :(. at first i thought maybe a brake light swtich or a fuse, but ive checked the fuses they are in mint condition. its really weird

Clio
Hopefully, you have blown the interior dash illumination fuse which does only one rear side light and the dashboard illumination. Its one of the red 10A mini fuses located right hand side of the fuse box third or fourth up. (from memory)

ah brilliant, its weird how that illumination fuse has effected the left hand side brake light, cheers for your reply i'll check it when i finish work and report back