ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger footwell Soaked after last 24hrs rain!!!

PB 172 phase 2
Hello all,
The passenger footwell is soaked after the last 24hrs of rain. I will be taking off the cowling/skuttle to clean any debri out of the waste pipe at some point very soon.
Questions -
Will the carpet have to come out if I want it bone dry?
Will the carpet have to come out to get to the floor pan to dry out any residual pooling water under the carpet to stop any oxidisation/rust beginning?
I need a part number for the little tiny side clips/fasteners that butt up against the wings both sides of the cowling because mine have become brittle and already part broken. Does anyone know the name of these and the part number please.
IMG_1962.JPG

I had a mare when my sunroof leaked on my non sport.

You can't remove the carpet without taking seats out etc but you can pull it back onto the seats.

I removed the foam sound deadening under the carpets and left them to dry indoors. I stuck a fan heater in the car with the windows open a tiny amount to let the humid air out. (Stayed by the car at all times of course)

After an hour the interior was bone dry.

I took the opportunity to remove the scuttle and cleared the crap out and cleansed the drains. The little clips can be found on eBay. Just search clio clips or a variant of that.

Whack it all back together, job done. :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Just as fairm said mate, air it out as well because it'll stink to high heaven if it's not dried out correctly.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Both seats out and keep the carpet peeled back mate, give it a really good airing