ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger Seat Rattle - Had It Fixed

my clio is in tomorrow to Parks in Ayr for the cd headunit to be replaced and for the passenger seat rails to be replaced to solve the passenger seat rattle, anyone else had the rails replaced? did it solve the rattle?

Lee

BMW M2C

I had it done on my 172, it fixed it for a couple of days!!! My 182 does it also but ramming the seat right to the back seems to have stopped it for now, that or a person in it!!

one thing is are you sure it is the rails thats doing it?

If you look under the seat you will see some wires for airbag, pretensioners etc and a plastic connector thing which connects the wires. If you hit this do you near a rattle noise? I suspect that this is where the actual source of the noise is. I had this in my megane and just put some cloth in to cushion it better and twist the wires a bit....no more rattles!

Quote: Originally posted by alnug on 23 July 2004

one thing is are you sure it is the rails thats doing it?

If you look under the seat you will see some wires for airbag, pretensioners etc and a plastic connector thing which connects the wires. If you hit this do you near a rattle noise? I suspect that this is where the actual source of the noise is. I had this in my megane and just put some cloth in to cushion it better and twist the wires a bit....no more rattles!

Near side passenger rail replaced and its all sorted! it was actually a metal sound rather than say plastic knocking

VaVa

Yup, had mine replaced after 1000 miles on my 172. Cured the rattle, but now the passenger is stiff as fook to slide back and doesnt always click back into positon properly.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Seat rails are one of the common faults...along with the 4k rattle, water ingress...etc..etc..etc!!!

The amount of rails/zorsts Renault have had to replace you would think they would be making waves with the suppliers to get it right first time!!!