ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger window/ABS/ESP

Megane 250
Picked up a Clio 182 on the weekend, But there are a few lights im unsure about and having only owned 2 Saxo's and a 106 GTi, I dont know my way around a clio... Yet.

The passenger window switch on the drivers side, doesnt work but the passenger side switch does, What could be causing this?

Also my ABS light come on last night, What could cause this? What should I look for?

And also my ESP light is on, I can see there is a switch for this on the dash to the right of the wheel, But i press this and nothing happens?

Can anyone shed any light on these issues?

EDIT:

Also my radio stays turned on when I turn ignition off and remove key, Does it turn off a few minutes later or is this something that shouldn't happen?

Thanks,
Josh

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
ESP may be on because the ABS light is on.
Get a code reader and see which sensor is broken.
a switch is easy to get for the window and take around 5 mins to change it over

Megane 250
ESP may be on because the ABS light is on.
Get a code reader and see which sensor is broken.
a switch is easy to get for the window and take around 5 mins to change it over
Would this be something an RS Tuner could do?

ESP light will be triggered by the ABS light as it's part of the same system.

Cracked ABS rings are relatively common on Clios & can be visually inspected. They're about £10 depending on the spec (182s with the optional "cup" chassis & pure 182 Cup models need a wider 44 tooth ring than the skinny 44 tooth ring found on normal 182s). Pressing the "ESP off" button won't do anything whilst it's in the "I'm not doing anything because I'm broken" mode.

Megane 250
The rstuner is a very very good code reader for the clios

Is this easy to use? Will it work on a Macbook and also this is the same tool to do the 98 ron map? Which is something ill be looking into doing, If it is the ABS ring as below, Will i need to get the lights cleared or will they just turn off?

ESP light will be triggered by the ABS light as it's part of the same system.

Cracked ABS rings are relatively common on Clios & can be visually inspected. They're about £10 depending on the spec (182s with the optional "cup" chassis & pure 182 Cup models need a wider 44 tooth ring than the skinny 44 tooth ring found on normal 182s). Pressing the "ESP off" button won't do anything whilst it's in the "I'm not doing anything because I'm broken" mode.

Ill get it the car on stands and have a check on the weekend, How do I know what the spec of the car is? As far as im aware it is a full fat model, It has all the features but has cup spoiler and anthracite alloys but its on coilovers so I'm not sure how to check this.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
It's windows software.
and tbh I would get a custom map on a set of rollers over the 98ron map.

Ill get it the car on stands and have a check on the weekend, How do I know what the spec of the car is? As far as im aware it is a full fat model, It has all the features but has cup spoiler and anthracite alloys but its on coilovers so I'm not sure how to check this.

The light will go off on it's own. You're spot on with the "cup pack" thinking, you can get a safer indication by measuring the hole centre spacing on the coilovers/hub. Cup packed cars are 60mm, vs 54mm standard IIRC (easily searched on here, it's been said a thousand times).

Some people report either part being fine, others have fitted the skinny rings to cup chassis cars only to find the ABS is still dodgy. Best to just buy the right one IMO.

Megane 250
The light will go off on it's own. You're spot on with the "cup pack" thinking, you can get a safer indication by measuring the hole centre spacing on the coilovers/hub. Cup packed cars are 60mm, vs 54mm standard IIRC (easily searched on here, it's been said a thousand times).

Some people report either part being fine, others have fitted the skinny rings to cup chassis cars only to find the ABS is still dodgy. Best to just buy the right one IMO.

Cheers I'll get it checked on the weekend!