ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger window, can auto switch be fitted?

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
As per the drivers window can the passenger one be converted to auto wind?

Not sure how it works but i guess it needs sensors to let it know when the window is fully open/closed or is it a timed relay???

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Paul, another auto window control box and a new switch would be required to convert it, then you would need to rewire the switch in the passenger door also as it is looped through the drivers door switch. Not impossible but fiddly.

There is another way. an aftermarket 1 shot window module made in Italy, I think I have a pair somewhere that were going on one of my Sons cars, but as usual he sold it to buy something else. do you want me to have a look for them.

BMW M135i
Need a different loom and the UCH would need to be enabled to support one touch on both sides, not worth bothering with. Too much cost and hassle.

Aftermarket is the only option tbh.

FF 182, K5 GSX-R1000
Brian, thanks for the offer, what sort of cost and work required for the aftermarket one?

TBH just a slight bug so not too bothered about it, unless rather easy, removing trim is what i hate, electrics are not really a problem tho.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Brian, thanks for the offer, what sort of cost and work required for the aftermarket one?

TBH just a slight bug so not too bothered about it, unless rather easy, removing trim is what i hate, electrics are not really a problem tho.

Hi Paul,
The cost of the modules is about £30 from memory, they are relatively easy to wire in.
They work on exactly the same principle as the OEM ones, they sense the current rise when the motor stalls at the end of travel, and switch off the supply....not rocket science.

They will work on any electric window, oem or aftermarket and they also have an alarm input so you can use them as window closers when you arm the car.
I have just got home, but I will have a look for you later. I think they are made by a company called Polytechnica.

I wrote a guide showing how to do it with the Mk2 phase 2 Clio.s Its not simple its do able but you need Renault to enable it and buy a new drivers side switch (ot checked though) and a bit of alterered wiring.

I'll try dig it out tomorrow.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Paul, I am really struggling to find these bits, we are moving after Christmas so a lot of things have been packed in readiness. I dont remember packing them, but i cant vouch for 'er in doors !!! I will keep looking.

I found the following, which apart from the fact its for a different car, its in German and not the Polytechnica ones I am familiar with, the wiring diagram explains the principle.
http://www.mgfcar.de/one_shot_windows/benxon.htm

Edde, from memory, the Renault windows can be user programmed.
You start with both windows down, then hold the drivers window button in the UP position till the window closes and you hear the relay click, then hold all the way down and again wait for the relay to click before you release the button, then UP once more, same procedure then repeat with the passenger window......job done.

Edde, from memory, the Renault windows can be user programmed.
You start with both windows down, then hold the drivers window button in the UP position till the window closes and you hear the relay click, then hold all the way down and again wait for the relay to click before you release the button, then UP once more, same procedure then repeat with the passenger window......job done.
Nope you need a Renault Clip to program them the UCH needs the switching chnaged also the drivers side switch is different according to the wiring diagram on and of positioning (although strangle not by one connection).