ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pastiemans ph2 172

Monaco 172
Re: Picked up a 172 from a memebr here !!!

Looks the mutts nuts! I'd ditch the tints and keep it fresh, good work fella!

Mk2 Ph2 172
Right next week the rest of the tints will be going....

And also will get a few more bits done on the interior !!!

Then i will start to run out of ideas on what to do next lol!!!

Maybe tidy the engine bay more, don't think I want to go for more power !!!!

We shall see

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
just noticed this thread mate. looks mint, allways loved monacos. agree it will be so much better with the tints off. i want your seats lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I love the interior, i'm in the process of pulling bits of my trim off to give them a coat of satin black,
do you have any pics of the door cards, have you had the door handles painted black aswell?

Also how did you get the internal light housing off just pull, or is there a special way of doing it without breaking the thing?

Mk2 Ph2 172
Cheers guys.... Tints have now gone :)

And a few more bits in the post to mr Austin porter to be re-trimmed

Dave Just pull on it... It just pops off but be careful not to pull too hard and pull the looms behind a part lol

I sent all my bits to spray shack well worth it ;) the finish on the interior light alone was Worth the money !!!

And no have not done the door handles yet !!!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Really nice little car that, mate. Glad the tints have gone, they really don't suit the Clio range IMO.

Top effort all round. How much was the steering wheel retrim out of interest? Looks like a good job.

Mk2 Ph2 172
A few pics without tints

d450e977.jpg

58ef383d.jpg

f9b3a106.jpg

3137c8bd.jpg

And a sneaky pic of the seats lol

1bd92190.jpg

The steering wheel cost me £115 if you want I can pm details to who did it ;)

Mk2 Ph2 172
Bloody hell it's nearly been six months of ownership already..... Road tax is due end of month lol

Normally I look to change motor soon ha ha ha !!!!

Had a sub an amp hanging around so just quickly fitted it In the boot temporally lol

f8315ccd.jpg

With a little bit of bass the standard speakers sound alot better :)

GSXR + KDX220
Cup spoiler makes Monaco's looks so much better (well tbh, most RS's lol) Fitted one to mine not so long ago and now seeing it with a standard one in pics makes it look naked!!

Mk2 Ph2 172
Cup spoiler makes Monaco's looks so much better (well tbh, most RS's lol) Fitted one to mine not so long ago and now seeing it with a standard one in pics makes it look naked!!

Agreed same reason why I fitted one :)

Mucho better rear end

Mk2 Ph2 172
Not matey ;) need to pull my finger out and advertise it as I have seen another car I want but don't have time to view it :(

as to much s**t going on at the mo.... Moving into our house next week :) so need to sort that out first then will put it up for sale :)

Mk2 Ph2 172
Looks like I will be keeping the Clio for now so....

I put my private plate on today as I only had a few weeks left on retention so rather than re new it I chucked into on the 172 :)

Clio needs a good clean lol

313897DA-AD73-4F07-9CAC-28B5AA05E8C8-6518-000005867551C0D9.jpg

07890A52-6745-4C38-9A11-C90EE603F411-6518-000005866F39FE43.jpg

Mk2 Ph2 172
Forgot to mention I have the electrical fault light on the dash sometimes when I start the car ( heart beat monitor one )

Thought it might be the coil pack on its way out ?

So changed coil pack but had the plugs, leads and ht leads Sitting around to do too... So done them!!!

Still have the problem... If the fault light is there it don't start but once it's off it's fine ???

Also replaced the temp sensor .... I now get full revs again :) it no longer thinks it is cold all the time :)

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Glad to see it's still looking good mate! Miss this car alot! Had to get sensible with a diesel golf now so seeing this makes me really miss the fun you can have in these little cars!

Looks like it's been through a few changes, like the wheel and alcantara!

Mk2 Ph2 172
Glad to see it's still looking good mate! Miss this car alot! Had to get sensible with a diesel golf now so seeing this makes me really miss the fun you can have in these little cars!

Looks like it's been through a few changes, like the wheel and alcantara!

Yes mate I have put my stamp on the little Clio :)
Very good little car :)

Wanna buy it back lol

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Ha, I probably would mate, but just bought myself a new car. It's good to see you've put some time and £ into it. Keep it as long as you can I'd say, you'll only miss it once it's gone!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Love it! pastieman.
I take it from all pics that you like your Trendlines......; )