ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC a red car

172 cup'd extreme
Grans 106 is red and its faded pretty bad and i want to PC it.
what would you cleaning people recommend for getting her bad boy shinny again
i have the sonus pads and loads of polish like 21, all the megs range

106 GTi
If it is red and faded/oxidised as it is single stage (non laquered paint) try a good paint cleaner like Klasse AIO on a polishing pad.

Que Brazo and his Red oxidisation pics ;)

If its single stage also be prepared for your pads to turn pink, Brazo sulks when it happens but i reckon he loves them that colour ;)

MK2 Clio V6 255
Loony said:
If its single stage also be prepared for your pads to turn pink, Brazo sulks when it happens but i reckon he loves them that colour ;)

PMSL....

He likes pink tape :rasp:

^^Pretty much

megscorsab42.jpg

106 GTi
I did a back to back test of AIO and AG SRP on an oxidised bonnet.

The Klasse gets the job done alot quicker.

Single stage paints respond better to oily glazes even more than clearcoted ones. Same processes as cleacoated finishes apply.

^^Depends how you treat it, If you leave it in direct sunlight it will start to oxides again say 6 months, if you apply waxes with UV blockers and garage then a lot longer.

Red absorbs the harmful blue light waves from the UV spectrum which causes the 'bleaching' . Blue cars reflect this blue light but absorb red light waves so theres far more pink cars (nee red) than light blue cars (nee navy)!!

Rich said:
I did a back to back test of AIO and AG SRP on an oxidised bonnet.

The Klasse gets the job done alot quicker.

Interesting, shows klasse is a much stronger paint cleaner!

i used AG super resin, harlys wax, and some G3 rubbing compound and got a badly faded red spoiler back to nearly new looking (by hand) its been outside int he driveway for a week or so and its gone faded again

hopefully the PC will bring it up alot better?