ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Builders etc, HELP.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hello chaps,

I need to fit a PCI card board into a new HP (I think) machine, it's about 5 months old.

I haven't touched hardware in ages, WTF do I need to look out for?

I can't use a USB to PCI converter because the particular software is struggling with it, so I need to install this to rule out that as a problem.

All links to what to use, or suggestions for a shop to buy one from (maplins?) would be great.

Thanks.

DCi
im a bit confused.

do you have the pci board or do you need to buy one?

if you have it there should be a big long slot in your motherboard that it will fit in, dont worry about usb.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah they're shite. It's the same when trying to use them with the Omex funnily enough.

Serials a pain in the arse

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they're s**te. It's the same when trying to use them with the Omex funnily enough.

Serials a pain in the arse

If you stick with old tech for them, they are ok. It's the newer fangled tech that tries to support or emulate serial as an interface that totally falls over. Oh, and s**t drivers for them. ;)

D.