ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Cleaning

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Don't use a hoover. At least that's what everyone says, I've done it before with no issues.

Apparently a can of compressed air is the way to go

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Pop it in the bath
Bonus points if it's switched on and he's in there.

I've seen people stick motherboards and graphics cards in the dishwasher with no ill effects before to be fair, just rinse with distilled water before letting them dry properly

Matt182!

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Inferno
Bought one of these last year, got fed up of buying compressed air cans to clean the pc.

It has been very good and is quite powerful, even useful for other things in the car and around the house.

Only thing I would say is hold the fans when you use powerful air. It can make them spin up super fast.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well lad as your full of hot air! Just whip off the side, get some tube (small section of garden hose pipe will do) point and blow.

Should work a treat!!!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Well lad as your full of hot air! Just whip off the side, get some tube (small section of garden hose pipe will do) point and blow.

Should work a treat!!!

200.gif

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I got one of these a while back. Used it a few times just take filters out first give them a blast and then inside the case. As said I hold the fans when I'm blasting directly on them to avoid them spinning up.

IT Dusters CompuCleaner Original Electric Air Duster Blower for PC, Laptop, Console, electronics and Home Cleaning, environmental alternative to spray air can duster keyboard cleaner compucleaner https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073F9NY1X/?tag=cliospnet01-21

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've always used a hoover but it's not very good, I usually end up having to wipe the rest off with a sock. I guess if you're posh you could use a duster or a microfibre cloth 🧐

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Blow it out with an air compressor set to a low psi on the reg

Before blowing out

20221119_134340.jpg

After 👁️🫦👁️

20221130_125235.jpg

All jokes aside just blow it out once a month and keep on top of it. One of these on the compressor helps

1670011508607.png

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Simple can of compressed air will do the job.

If you sleep in the same room as your PC take it to another room or outside to clean otherwise you'll be sneezing all night.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
last time i done mine it got head and shoulders, scrubbed with a paint brush and rinsed in the shower, just make sure its proper dry before you put it back together lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Any recommendations for cleaning methods / kit for PCs.

I take it I need to invest in a decent air duster / compressor thing?

Any major do’s / do nots?
Air compressors - definitely. Luckily, I've got access to about a dozen of them on the shop-floor at work, so I just bring my PC in a couple of times of year to blast it out.

Cans of compressed air are a waste of money IMO - unless it's a dire emergency.

Do not use hoovers - especially if the hose tip has plastic bristles at the end. Although low, there's a risk of static damaging the components.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I used to use compressed air cans at work, but honestly they are a bit s**t as they don't last long, get super cold and are expensive over time.

Bought one of those air cleaners linked above instead and it's a great bit of kit, really powerful, but the cost buys quite a few cans of compressed air. Depends how often you're going to be using it.

Just buy a solid side panel for the case and forget all about it :ROFLMAO: