ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pc has gone all fubar'd

soon to be 172
Was downloading a file last night and then all of a sudden a message popped up saying i was running out of space.

My Hdd only had 3mb left all 120gb was full? Now earlier it was on 54gb full and the fill i was downloading was only 450mb??

I have gone through everything and deleted all the stuff i dont need and my photo's ect i have moved over to d drive and i have only managed to free up 15gb?

If i look at c drive it says im still using 105odd gb? If i open the c:drive in all the files theres only 2-3gb max of stuff so where is the other 100odd gb?

Please help lol.

A million rar files somewhere? Something is wrong if your C is only using 2/3GB. Windows is bigger than that FFS.

Chelsea tractor
10968558496578459223800.jpg

;)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Hokey cokey, lo-tech way of doing it if Treesize isn't working... right click your Users directory, bring up the Properties. See how much it's using. If it's mental amount, just keep drilling down and doing the same thing until you find the offending folder.

Obviously if it's not users thats doing it, try one of the others.

soon to be 172
Cheers Cookie,

Its not the users so ill just have to test them all lol.

wINDOWS FILE = 15GB?? is that normal

winsxs? is that file needed? its 2gb in size?
Software distribution is 1gb
System32 is also 1 gb

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Cookie,

Its not the users so ill just have to test them all lol.

wINDOWS FILE = 15GB?? is that normal

winsxs? is that file needed? its 2gb in size?
Software distribution is 1gb
System32 is also 1 gb

That's all normal