ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pc polish

106 GTi
Poorboys SSR 2 and a polishing pad at least, more likely to need Poorboys SSR 2.5 and a light cut pad. The Meguairs Equivilents would be Megs 80 or Megs 83.

106 GTi
SSR 1 wont touch even light swirls IMO. A final finishing polish for me.

Minimum of 80 or SSR 2 and a polishing pad to tickle a swirl!

Skoda Fabia vRS
go for the Poorboys products, though i do use #80 (for now)

#83 is a right arse to buff off, SSR 2.5 gets the job done easier, amazing product

im using SSR 2.5 -> #80

ill probably try SSR1 though when my #80 runs out

106 GTi
Sems to be Brun, though hard to really compare as the 80 sems to be more oily has more fillers so likes to fill stuff aswell.

SSR 1, seems more like VM in abiltys to me.

Skoda Fabia vRS
but VM isnt a mechanical abrasive, its chemical, i thought all the SSRs were mechanical abrasives

Heres my take on it

SSR 1 will remove light swirls on softer paints - that was the first product I used in the DVD Brun you should ahve seen a noticable difference?

VM has very light mecanical abrasives

I have used #80 before and cleaned it afterwards with IPA, any filling effect was minimal - a swirl free finish was still prsent once wiped. SSR2 is similer to #80 in power.

ssr2.5 is good, Menz IP is better

106 GTi
I have removed light marks with VM by hand so agree that is has some very mild cut, whether this is asued by the applicator material I dont know.

Having not seen the DVD Mark, what soft paint did you use the SSR 1, your own?

106 GTi
Works well, but you can get the above from Alex at Serious Perfomance with Cs Discount.