ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC to TV help

Mondeo ST220
wanting to connect my pc to my samsung hdtv. bought a vga to vga cable but nothing happens when its connected. someone mentioned i need a dvi to hdmi cable. but i dont even know what port is which. can anyone help me as to which wire i need?

Attachments

• 654465.jpg
    654465.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 29
  Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
The top blue connector will not be in use becaus eyou have a graphics card.
The blue vga on your graphics card im guessing is going to your monitor, you should be able to just put a cable from your tele into this and it will work.
But for a better picture i would get a dvi cable to go into the white dvi socket on the card into the tele. I think im right in thinking you can only have one conection active on that sort of card, looks exactly same as mine in my dell computer and i can only use one, but ive got a spliter so im ok lol.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
That actually looks like a dell you have there, one by the serial number stick and the black plastic bit bottom left, have also just noticed the s-video connection, use that and use it how your using it now, the only down fall when you put this s-video in you can only watch video on monitor or tele not both, but hey ya can only watch one at a time, i do, have to go into display rpoperties and change it around. make the tele the primary option.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
do it as if it was plugged into the monitor, vga monitor out form the pc, to vga moniter in to the tv, you may have to change the resultion, or if you are running dual screens, you might have to activate ito n youe video card.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
yes but he most likly wont have a good quality picture, or good enough for little things like readin letters such as going on clio sport, still need a moniotr as a secondary screen

Mondeo ST220
ive tried connecting the vga cable as if it were my monitor and there is nothing.

so the dvi socket is the white one next to the vga at the bottom yeah?

yeahs its a dell btw

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
yes white is dvi, same card as mine to, x300 i think it is called, just use the s-video the circle one, you can get s-video to composite, which is like a ps2/xbox connector the round plug like a phono cable only yellow, one of them will fit your tele, if not its a shite tele lol

Mondeo ST220
no the tele is awesome. 32inch samsung HDTV.

got it working now. got dvi to vga currently. looks decent although guessing the quality will be a lot better dvi to hdmi?