ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pc?

106 GTi
PC Stands for ported Cable the people that make it.

Not really know unless you just want to remove wax, wont be any good for paint correction.

106 GTi
They are not cheap, but are proven, and will work. I put off buying mine for ages - once you have made the outlay you wont want to go back to working without one.

106 GTi
The shape of that will mean it is not very easy to use.

If you can get the pads for it it would be an option and that you can control the speed.

There is Dewalt that looks a bit like a PC a few guys have been using - but I forget the model number.

al

ST on the way...
I get you, with the awkward handle position.

Apart from the handle are there any specific requirements for the machine to be effective? i.e. The amount it randomly orbits, the pad size, speed etc?

106 GTi
Pc is 2,500 to 6,000

The term random orbit defines the action of the tool’s head. Unlike a rotary buffer, that spins at variable speed on a stationary spindle, a random orbit machine operates by spinning the head (free-spinning) on a center spindle and running this spindle around an eccentric offset. I measured the net pad throw (side-to-side) at a generous 15/16 inch.

From the above Autopia PC link.

As for pads there are 4 - 6 and half inch pads easily available over here so make sure it will take one of them. The other advantage of the PC over such machine is the backing plate can be changed to run different sized pads, lot's if not all the Dewalts are limited to the backing plate fitted.

Just get a PC ;)