ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pc

O

Ollyb16v

Thinking of buying a pc. Never had one before so complete novice.Where is the best and cheapest place to get one, Have had a little research on here and found:
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pc-7424.html
Or
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Porter-Cable-...6QQihZ005QQcategoryZ72201QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What do you reckon is best to buy from.
Also once i receive it just wanted to check if this is the best process for my st and valver both have swirls and st is hopefully going soon so need to spruce it up.
Wash with Megs soft wash gel and dry.
Clay with Sonus grey, re wash.
Megs#83
Megs#80
P21s
What do you reckon????
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
  106 GTi
Megs 83 and 80 are a proven combo, as a beginner I found the Poorboys SSR range easier to use/master though.

Try the mildest combo first, i.e see how the Megs 80 and a polishing pad fixes things before cracking out the 83 and a cutting pad.

You may want to stick a sealant on after the polishing stage before the wax for better durability.

106 GTi
Of the shelf Autoglym Super Resin on finishing pad and then there Extra Gloss Sealant

Mail order Jeffs Acyrilic Jett Trigger Selant after eithe Klasse All in one or Autoglym Resin.

Both will need a something to allow them to bond to the paint after the Megs 80.

O

Ollyb16v

So after claying should i use megs 80 then the auto glym super resin then sealant then p21s??:dapprove:

106 GTi
Wash, clay.

See how the 80 sorts out the defects. If it works then carry on and do the car. If not look into uisng the 83. Follow that up with the 80.

Then you can wax with P21s or use a sealant and then a wax.

If you want to lose the AG Super Resin step you could seal with something like Poorboys EX-p and then wax.

You will get higher durability by uisng AG Super Resin and then using the Extra Gloss Sealant and then a coat of P21s wax for looks.