ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PCing CF

prob one for rich or brazo who have done CSL's..

can you PC carbon fibre?? my mates carbon bonnet has a few swirl marks and could do with a good buffing.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  4 wheels
im no expert but i think you can. ive seen someone on detailing world do a m3 csl. but we will let brazo and rich explain confirm.

You can take arotary to it if your careful so pc will be fine

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=22290

M3CSL3032.jpg

its a buddyclub carbon bonnet on a CTR..

not sure if it has clearcoat spray or whether its just the standard gelcoat from the carbonfibre process though?

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Even if you can't polish it with a abrasive compound, you could definately PC it with Klasse All In One/Carlack Systematic Care. That should clean shine and polish it safely.

ep2
ooh ok, cheers rich. never new wot to use on it, so never polished it, swirls ever where, will giv it ago 2moz

buddyclub say its clearcoated. say use polish but nothing abrasive?

im thinking megs speed glaze on a white sonus pad?

106 GTi
AIO has a more chemical cleaner type effect, where as the SRP some of the same but with some added abbrassive cut.

SRP got the marks out, slight swirls left which would prob come out with SSR 2.5 but i didnt wanna risk it.

its alot better than it was anyway.

and just spent the whole day detailing my brothers megane cabriolet. looks loads better

allthough i think a shopping spree of some new cleaning s**t is in order.

Forgot to get some before pics, but afterwards it as quite shiny

IMG_0058.JPG

yummy
IMG_0059.JPG

and yep the other car in the garage is an original s1 RST minter, assembled in Germany.

IMG_0077.JPG

ep2
WOW ^^^^^^^nice.
yeah tries SRP and EGP, works a treat. I thought it never worked and always woundered wot pple used on CF bits in shows to make it so shiney. woohoo