ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PCING.. the great debate

Mito Sportiva 135
Ok. After months of believing that I don't need a PC, and am fully satisfied with the "old fashioned" wax- on wax- off method, as practiced by the karate kid, I am starting to think that maybe I should give PCing a go.

Rich or other avid fans, would you say it really is worth the buy, even if my paint is in mint condition already?

If so, apart from the PC itself, what pads/ products would I need to go with it, and wheres the best place to get it all from?

You've probably answered this elsewhere a dozen times already but want a firm answer (baring in mind the mintness of the paint already!)

Cheers, Tom.

to be honest... i havent noticed any difference between the PC and normal hand work. and its easier to do it by hand...

whats the latest on that dvd brazo?

could do with some tutorial on removing swirls!

Black 172 MK2
well iv not completly got the hang of removing swirls 100% yet but my cars paint isnt bad its only 2002. iv used the PC on my car and a m8s golf and the differnce is ammazing. i thought my paint was good but using a PC makes it look much better. imo they are well worth the money with the right polishes etc. yes it may cost alot at first but once you have it, you have it forever.

Mito Sportiva 135
Metallic black on a 172, so not the black gold the 182 has. I've diamondbrited it, and also use Megs stage 3 carnuba. Looks mint really, water beads off awesomely and feels smooth as glass to touch. What you think?

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
One of the best things I have purchased for detailing with. Love it, easy to works with and makes your car look stunning with the right products.

106 GTi
If you have Black car or Dark coloured car its a must. There is no way I could have de-swirled mine by hand no matter how much elbow grease I have. Scratch X and Megs Swirl Free by hand to the whole car after collection made me realise I needed a machine.

The defects you can correct by machine, would take years to correct by hand if possible at all.

If you really do have 100% defect free paint you maybe able to say no to it. I don't think you can get the same gloss by hand though as you can when the PC burnishes the paint with a good polish.

Mito Sportiva 135
How often do you Pc yoour car though? I'm tempted to take it into our bodyshop and have them do it well once (which they will do professionally for £50) then just re-diamondbrite it again as it is now. Might be more cost efective that way, as don't intend PCing the car every time I wash it anyway- there won't be any paint left the amount I do it!!

106 GTi
Hotshot said:
shut up rich u make me wanna come see u!

One me and Brazo did today in Brum! ;)

IMG_9872.jpg

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh looks sweet mate. How often do you do yours "properly" with the PC (all layers)? Thinking might just get bodyshop to do mine. Does look deeper than can be accomplished by hand.

106 GTi
Once a year for the Swirl removal on mine.

I find it looks deeper by machine, cleans up the paint so well.

PS beware of bodyshop polish jobs some create as may marks as they take out. Where are you based ? as there maybe a good detailer in your area.

106 GTi
The effect will not be as dramatic, but it cleans up on any colour of paint - Metallic flakes will pop more after.

Mito Sportiva 135
In the South East near Hertfordshire. Was going to use the body shop at the saab dealership in welwyn (squire furneaux). Think they are pretty good as they get a lot of insurance work for premier cars like BMW, Jags, Audi...