ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PDF File?

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Right ive been sent application forms from my company in PDF format, now rather than print them off it would be far easier to transcript them/type them.

Is there anyway possible i can open them in Microsfot word or any application that i can edit the fields with text?

Cheers, not upto speed on these things:S

6/468 17poo
Think you need Adobe Acrobat Professional to do this, thats what we use at work, or use photoshop, dont think Word works with pdfs!?

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just go to edit the doc, then copy and paste all the text into a work document.

Simples

but then converting them back to PDF is slightly more difficult, unless you have word 2007, think that allows you to save as a PDF, or just get a trial of a PDF writing software like jaws PDF maybe?

DCi
Just go to edit the doc, then copy and paste all the text into a work document.

Simples

but then converting them back to PDF is slightly more difficult, unless you have word 2007, think that allows you to save as a PDF, or just get a trial of a PDF writing software like jaws PDF maybe?
doesn't always work copy and pasting but a program like cutePDF is good for converting a doc to PDF no matter which version of word you have, doesn't really help this problem though

And you work in IT, shame on you!
he is right though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Why's he right? It will take the op 5 mins max of getting this into word, it's not exactly difficult.

Plus he wouldn't be asking for help tonight if he could just ask them for a copy in word, will save everyone time.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its okay, hes going to sort it for me.

dk, HR isnt in tomorrow and the applications have to be in tomorrow so im in a bit of a rush :(

Chelsea tractor
Who's a paedophile?
pdf.gif

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
And you work in IT, shame on you!

Trouble is with that, is that you give them an inch and they will take a bloody mile! ;)

Like at our place. Importing customer pricing can be done by most sales staff - but as IT can do 'it quicker' (read that as : I can't be arsed, let them do it) - it often gets sent to us.

If we're not swamped, I'll do it. If we are - they can get stuffed.

D.

DCi
Why's he right? It will take the op 5 mins max of getting this into word, it's not exactly difficult.

Plus he wouldn't be asking for help tonight if he could just ask them for a copy in word, will save everyone time.
he's right because he wouldnt be asking for help if copying and pasting worked either.

you can bet your bottom dollar it wont copy and paste 'right' from pdf to doc and if its a job app you are going to want it to look right!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
He sent me it, as I thought that was what was up with it, but it does copy and paste....

I think he wanted to be able to write in it basically as it is an application form of some sort, so can't be done.

185lb/ft dCi
just download adobe acrobat pro, thats what i did recently when sent an application form. there is a 30 day trial too, saves time trying to bodge it!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Exactly what I said sir, print out, fill in. Done.

Although I went to a job interview once where the spelling test was in MS word.... and they said nothing about not using spellcheck...

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thanks for all the help guys, yeah Roy i always think its more personal to write out than type etc

Thanks again chaps