ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pdf files

I'm trying to create a pdf file but have never done it before.
I've used word to create the document i want to turn into a pdf(is that a mistake)
I've used acrobat writer to change it into a pdf.
However it takes ages to load up. Like a page takes around 15 times longer then a similair pdf. Theres an option to change the dpi but that doesn't help. Does anyone no where i'm going wrong?
Cheers for any help

Mk2 172 (Silver)
i'm no expert, but sometimes using the writer not the distiller makes the document larger than it was before.

if the document contains tables it can also take time to load as a pdf.

from word i usually pdf:
file > print> choose acrobat distiller > properties > adobe pdf settings > conversion settings (choose 'screen')

click ok choose where to save it etc.

that usually works for me, i'm sure someone else more technical may be ab;e to help a bit better!! :eek: lol

if you have any probs and want to mail it through just drop me a PM. :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
What pootle says is exactly the same prob as I've had and ended up using that solution too. Poots you becoming a geek? ;)

Alternatively use CutePDF (its free - google it). Has never messed up one PDF since I installed it.

cheers pootle-i keep getting a print error but i'll keep trying. IUf not i may just take you up on your offer. Cheers

i create pdf files all the time at work,

i just tend to do file>print> choose Adobe PDF > properties > Adobe PDF Settings tab > Default Settings set to standard, maybe yours is set to high quality print???

Is it meant to take ages? I keep getting "word is preparing to the print the document" then nothing. When i open task manager i get word is not responding

Mk2 172 (Silver)
not really, mine usually does it fairly quickly.

what does the word document contain? are there pictures, tables or graphics in there?

i find if ive got stuff running in the background, or messing around on the internet whilst doing some pdf's then it does slow it down alot! try just closing everything else down, and make sure no tasks in the background are running that are using loads of memory (that you dont need open) see how that goes

The reason i was getting nothing was to do with the que of them in print. Now as soon as i press print and have chosen where to save it to the print fails. Anymore ideas?