ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PE2 SIZE?

rps13
just about to buy two new PE2's for my mk2 172, have the option of buying

195-45-16

or

205-45-16

either with v or w ratings

which can i run??

and are the best for grip, price isn't really a problem

thanks,

Alex

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
what size is on it now? I think you can put either width on the 16's, the standard 16's on my 182 are 205's

A ANIMAL
i wasn't saying you were wrong - just mentioning that the change in the suspension geomety for the 182 allowed better use of a slighty larger tyre. 172 was designed to run 195 and 182 was designed to use the 205's. Horses for courses.

i wasn't saying you were wrong - just mentioning that the change in the suspension geomety for the 182 allowed better use of a slighty larger tyre. 172 was designed to run 195 and 182 was designed to use the 205's. Horses for courses.
That wasnt aimed at you, sorry. It was meant for fubar.

More weight per sq inch makes it grip better, only when refering to this size and clios...

Thats just a statement. I'd like to see any proof to back up comments that 195 gives more grip for a clio.

In general I've seen this discussed many times, there's no conclusive facts other than peoples views.

rps13
thanks guys, gonna go with 195's as they about £20 cheaper

and if they're designed for the car then that's that

Cliosport 182
195 are best for grip and v rated, your not going faster than 150mph are you?

Anyone want to buy some 205's then?!??1 I think i'm going to buy some grippy 155's :S

Weight per unit area argument makes no sense. When you are cornering hard, which is when you want grip, there is plenty of weight on the tyre. Even when its a 205!

02 Clio Sport 172 Full Fa
I thought I'd decided my choice of tyre on the Black Circles website as I intend to replace all my tyres this weekend, then I came accross this thread, took me ages to decide the Brand of Tyre now I'm unsure what size to get :(