ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PE2's or Paradas?

Dirty E91
Will be looking to get some new tyres shortly as my front tyres are getting close to the wear markers, what are peoples thoughts on the Yokohama Parada as an alternative to the PE2?

tiTTy & SV650
I think when people try alternatives they usually end up buying pe2s again the next time round.

E91 M Sport
PE2's are decent enough, long-lasting tyres.

Parada's in the dry will grip until your face hurts. After experiencing them in rmccardal's car, I would highly recommend them (especially for the prices you can find them).

I had a chat regarding these two with a local tuner the other day, his recommendations were: PE2 for road use, or Paradas for road and track use, otherwise there just as good as each other.

The Beast MK4
Just plonked two PE2's on my 172 there and they are so much better than the conti's!

Havent tried paradas though...

It's ok, did a search and found out!! I think I'm going to get some Parada's, quite cheap on E-Bay, how many miles do you think they'll do, I don't drive mad all the time?? Has anyone actually tried them, any good in the damp??

Got it, cheers mate! I am almost 100% going to give the Parada's a go, have been trying to decide for a couple of weeks now though!!!

E91 M Sport
It's ok, did a search and found out!! I think I'm going to get some Parada's, quite cheap on E-Bay, how many miles do you think they'll do, I don't drive mad all the time?? Has anyone actually tried them, any good in the damp??

They're fine in the damp as long as you don't expect miracles - I doubt you'd notice a massive difference from the PE2's. In the dry they're far superior....and summer is on its way.

Very true!! It's very confusing trying to decide what tyre to get based on other opinions as there are so many different variables. I don't often push my car to the limit (Don't know what the limit is as I've never reached it thankfully) but I want a tyre I can feel confident driving on in different conditions - my last set of tyres lasted two years!!

E91 M Sport
^^ sounds like PE2's would probably suit you better. Their limits are more approachable in all weathers even if they have less ultimate grip, but it sounds like you drive within the current tyres boundries - and you'd be losing the wet weather security and not using the extra grip the parada's give. Does that makes sense? lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Asked for a quote for some PE2s from a tyre place local to me and the guy reckoned that he'd had road noise complaints about them and that the cheaper goodyear and conti tyres were better.

Personally I'm torn as to which to get next, I need new fronts and part of me says stick to PE2s as they last ages and are pretty decent. But the other part of me says go for something different like F1 GSD3, Toyo R or the Parada 2 at the risk of them wearing like a b**ch.

Also I prefer to have all 4 the same make on the car so would end up buying 4 if I went for a diff brand.