ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peanuts coilovers

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
about 5 or 6 companies sell the same crap rebranded. I thought Ktecs were made by someone else?

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Freetrack&Monaco 172
Ktec did a special run of there when they appeared on the market for £200 a set as I have them fitted to my Cup, They are not completely crap and do a pretty good job, however they are certainly not £800 worth of coilover technology. Their Ktec own brand ones are different from these as Silent_Scone says. I think they bought the license in the uk only, those on ebay are shipped from Belgium if you look closely.......

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
No ktec bought them out when they were selling for 150 on eBay then sold them at 250.
The reason I never bought anything off them since.

I was always these were the same as other brands but renamed as the serial numbers match up.

Trader Rating - 86.4%
19   3   0
  330i. E30 Touring.
No ktec bought them out when they were selling for 150 on eBay then sold them at 250.
The reason I never bought anything off them since.

I was always these were the same as other brands but renamed as the serial numbers match up.

PMSL.

What, because they saw a perfectly good way of making money?

Christ, what sort of company would buy cheap and sell for a profit, eh?!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ah the ktec/raceland fiasco. Theres a massive thread on it somewhere, and a bit more to it than just selling stuff on.

I got some for £160 delivered. 18 months on i've not had a single problem with them. Best £160 i've ever spent.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
PMSL.

What, because they saw a perfectly good way of making money?

Christ, what sort of company would buy cheap and sell for a profit, eh?!

PMSL LOL LOL

because they did it under everyones noses as everyone was buying from ebay.

but as said thats all in another thread, personally i wouldnt use them anyway unless it was just for lows

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 172
Ive recently bought a set of Ktecs and think they're good for the money... i have £4000's worth of suspension on my rally car and yes there is a massive difference but you get what you pay for and ktecs with a 2 year warranty? who can grumble?

Trader Rating - 86.4%
19   3   0
  330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL LOL LOL

because they did it under everyones noses as everyone was buying from ebay.

but as said thats all in another thread, personally i wouldnt use them anyway unless it was just for lows

Me neither. That we agree on.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
:p to be honest id rather have eibachs and a decent ARB as it would out perform cheap coilovers massively i reckon.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Mk5 golf gti
Ive recently bought a set of Ktecs and think they're good for the money... i have £4000's worth of suspension on my rally car and yes there is a massive difference but you get what you pay for and ktecs with a 2 year warranty? who can grumble?

We arent talking about KTECS.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
you will find virtually all these cheap coilovers are made in the same factory just rebranded differently.
I've experienced the Citroen Saxo and VW Polo ones and was not impressed but the renault clio ones seem so somehow get more favourable reviews here.
I said i'd rather poke myself in the eye than fit a sub £200 coilover kit and I'll stand by that lol
If all you want to do is go low, then fit a set.
If you want to enhance your handling and ride start saving for a better brand.
Consider a set of Eibach Sportlines and a whiteline rear arb as an alternative

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Evo 5 RS
I can't wait to get my b14s back on. I ran the k-tec setup when it first launched and for the price point they're pretty good though

It's about the only product of theirs I'd actually give any credit as they didn't give me any trouble. Unlike every other piece of junk that's come out of their "developement department" translation of that, of course, is bulk buy from the lowest bidder and get them to make utter s**te.

I think these companies must see them coming sometimes. Just like they do with their customers...

Food chain

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Lotus Elise
Renault spent millions developing the RS suspension, replacing it with some £200 coilovers will only ruin it.