ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peco Exhausts

RS Meg 175
Ive Found a peco exhaust i just wondered if anyone knew if they are any good? or worth a go?
cheers

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
would go near them...Boy has their reputation gone down the shitter in the last 20yrs...

Peco and janspeed were the two leading brands.

You get what you pay for them....they're a budget brand so don't expect fantastic quality. That aside they are ok, i've had one on megane and was happy enough...not reallu much to go wrong if its going on a 1.2...

The Beast MK4
Had one and never again, Hung way too low and looked really bad imo, suppose an exhaust builder or pro could put it up a bit. Sounded ok if you want a quieter exhaust. Still got it in the loft, 4" Round Backbox. Yours for much cheapness if your in Scotland lol :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
theyre ok as a novelty paperweight, but thats about it. I had one on my laguna, a 'peco powermaster' lol, it lasted a whole 10 months before it rotted out and one of the twin pipes fell off!

Fiesta ST
See I didn't have any problems with my Peco Backbox on my Mk1. When I first got my car I didn't have much money, but wanted something on a tight budget and decent "noise" (if you will).

The Peco fitted fine, and the sound was deep and also popped alot (but that's ten times better now with my cat-back Ashley system).

I gave the backbox to my mate, and its running fine on his Clio, looks ok, and sounds ok. Obviously you won't be getting power gains with it more just for the sound, etc, and I needed something to get me by. But I honestly don't see why people hate them sooooo much.

The only thing I could maybes think is off-putting is the build\durability of the stuff, but for £90 (which was how much mine was) I wasn't expecting it to be mint anyways. :) So they are ok imo, but not good.

Clio 172 mk2
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
would go near them...Boy has their reputation gone down the sh*tter in the last 20yrs...

Peco and janspeed were the two leading brands.

Janspeed stuff is still good though:D

Fiesta ST
If you're on a budget how about this,

Ashely (M\Steel) Backbox

Clio Mk2 (98>) - Twin 3'' Round Tailpipe - £99!

Or for there system (same Twin 3" Round) only £130!

They are cheap because they are not stainless but you'll still get a good few years out of the system. Good if you are on a tight budget instead?

Just trying to give you some ideas. ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
janspeeds rasp like a b*****d, it WILL to make any car sound like a 1.2 nova (with a peco!)