ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pentax K-R

Clio 197 RB
Is this camera any good.
I'm looking at an entry level SLR camera.
Went into a local camera store and he said the Pentax K-R was probably the best one for around £400.
He also recommended the Nikon D3100, but said there wasn't as many lens choices for it.

Any help would be nice

Thanks.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
SLR? Canon/Nikon.

I've never used a Pentax but I would have thought that there would be more lenses available for one of the above over the Pen?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've just got a manufacturer refurbished Canon 500D for less than £350 with a kit lens. It arrived brand new, everything packaged up. Absolute bargain as it still comes with the 1 year warranty!

Cupra
The guy in the camera shop was trying to sell a Pentax. There is a better range of choices for Nikon & Canon!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had a samsung gx10 for my first dslr, which is a rebadged pentax.

Hard to get on with, especially for a beginner, limited choice of good lenses, only good thing was the price. Sold it a year later and went Canon, not looked back.

I was convinced to get it by an independent camera shop, a year later when i was looking for my canon he just went on about how the samsung/pentax were better. It later turned out that he can't get good deals on canon/nikon but does on pentax/samsung.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So what is a good camera for £400. Canon/Nikon wise.???

Canon 500D or Nikon D5000 I think are your options if buying new.

Or buy used and get better/cheaper

I'd go with a 500D, cracking first camera imo.