ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People with low cars, advice needed!

So i have FK coilovers and the rear adjusters are seized in place wound right down so using them makes the rear wheels very low.

I have just bought a fitted a new set of wheels, swapped the tyres over so they are the same, the new wheels are wider than my old turinis. Where the tyre sits i have very very little room between the rear arch and tyre but the strange thing is the passenger rear wheel sits further out than the drivers so there is less movement room for going over bumps and the tyre is rubbing. Question is why is the passenger wheel sit further out?

I have bought a new set of adjusters and springs so can fit them if needed at the weekend but i do like the low look i have at the moment and they arent the same brand.

Another issue is i get some pretty bad rubbing on the N/S/F when turning right, the wheels have no camber at the moment, would adding a few degrees of negative camber sort that without having to raise it?

thanks

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If the rear wheel sits further out maybe the coilovers arnt equal lowz?

Just thinking out loud mate

Focus st170
Seems odd that a wheel is sticking out more then others. Is the off set of all the wheels the same? Like is there wider rears to fronts maybe? Or maybe your rear beam is bent? Adding camber will help yes. Easy to do on clios.