ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance figures

Im sure this has been done to death but I cant find a definitive answer. I was wondering which was fastest to 60 (or 62) - the 182 or 172. I thought Id got the answer from a recent thread...which led to a performance site, which put them in order 182, 172 Mk1, 172 Mk2.

I wondered because I drove my mates 172 Mk2 last week; it seemed much nippier than mine, especially over 3k revs. Although there was no back box (it had fallen off earlier that night), I put it down to it being run in...whereas my 05 plate 182 only has 3k miles on the clock. Can only hope that mine will continue to get faster (it seems to, but its difficult to gauge when you drive a car regularly).

I now notice on this site, from the specs that the order is the exact opposite ie fastest is the 172 Mk2, then the 172 Mk 1 and lastly the 182.

Waddya reckon? whats the official line? Im talking standard full-fat models...not cups!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

There is no real way of having a standard figure set, it might not be run in, it might not have the right fuel/tyres/passengers etc etc

all of them can do 60 in under 7 sec.

Im working on it! Shame most of my driving is round town.

Looking forward to a run over the tops on Wednesday night. Cue much nervousness from er indoors!

Speaking of long threads though, he uses standard 95 ron and I use 97...I wants me money back!!!!!!!!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

It depends on the mods.
172 mk1s tend to be quicker as they have smaller wheels.
But after pipercross filter,cat-back exhaust and BB Tunings ECU i did a few runs with a mate in my car and did 0-60 in 6.01secs :eek:

Clio 172mk2

can some one tell me on a 172 mk3 , with full system magnex , pipercross viper induction kit , if i added engine remapped / chipped which ever is best

what bhp and torque could it be pushing

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Ive got pretty much the simuliar mods and l had it rolling roaded it had gained about 10bhp!

Clio 172mk2

jph172 is that a extra 10 with the engine remapped or without, and whats the cost of getting it done