ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance Paint

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
I have been in the bodywork trade for over ten years and am pissed off with working for other people so have decided to go it alone. I have a workshop with a booth and all other bodyshop facilities and am talking to a guy who specializes in carbon fibre, carbon kevlar and glass fibre to hopefully see if we can work together on desigining and making some new products. For any of you intrested in anything bodywork related no matter how big or small give me a shout and I will be more than happy to help.

Jon.

Thought about spending the £5 for membership to support this site that you're advertising on? ;)

Good luck though - braver man than I to go it alone!

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
There is so much stuff I have to sort out over the next couple of weeks and my portfolio being one of them

FOR SALE!!!
just exterior dont matter about inner as colour would be close enuff basicly want car colorcoding but there so many little marks on it best to get hole outside dun and will save you blending in

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
just exterior dont matter about inner as colour would be close enuff basicly want car colorcoding but there so many little marks on it best to get hole outside dun and will save you blending in

Depending on damage around a grand give or take two hundred.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
i need a full respray on a 5 turbo?? so i have prices given to me was wondering what you can do :)

I am a new company so will be looking to take on as much work as possible, unless its a silly price then chances are I will be able to beat it.

Punto/Clio GTT
good luck with your business.

im gonna open a small unit as soon as i get a bit of money together to get me started.

only thing im worried about is getting the work in

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
good luck with your business.

im gonna open a small unit as soon as i get a bit of money together to get me started.

only thing im worried about is getting the work in

To be fair thats the only thing that worries me, I know my work is spot on but with so many so called bodyshops about im going to be fighting for buisness. I seen people advertising full re-paints for £500 how can you compete with that.

audi a6 3.0tdi
your best bet is to get a few cars done that go to shows, get some stickers in them advertising your company and if people are happy with your work they'll come to you. word will spread quickly if your sprayings good and you offer good customer service. :)

FOR SALE!!!
your best bet is to get a few cars done that go to shows, get some stickers in them advertising your company and if people are happy with your work they'll come to you. word will spread quickly if your sprayings good and you offer good customer service. :)

i agree got to let people no your around and what your works like

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250

I agree, the only thing with this line of work is that its a lot more expensive than people think, from the start on a full exterior re-paint. At least half a day to strip the car bumpers off ,mirrors,door handles, mouldings etc. Go round and and tap out dents and do repairs, most cases at least a day. Then mask up whole car and prime repaired areas. At this point alone your up to around £400 pounds in materials and labour. Then comes half a day prepping the rest of the car and what you have primed with another half day cleaning and masking up. Then the expensive part starts. For you clio sized car you are going to be using around 3 litres of colour at the cost of £50 per litre plus the cost of thinners which is going to be 1.5 litres at a 2-1 ratio mix meaning another £25. Then there is clear, depending what sort of finish you want this can cost anywhere from a £140 upwards without hardener, then the cost of tac rags,paint filters and all the other little bits and pieces. When finished painting and baked off comes another half day de nibbing and polishing. As you can see there is a lot of time and money involved, i will probabley get loads of abuse now saying why would it take that long bla bla only to be told I do things properly and I dont use s**t materials. Hope that helps.

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
i agree got to let people no your around and what your works like[/quote]

Looking for a suitable car to sort out now, will be something small with a euro theme, small wheels and smooth bodywork ftw

audi a6 3.0tdi
my mate works in a body shop too and was going to do the same as you. it is hard work, he is lucky that his manager lets him do foriegners at the weekend and have the unit to himself. he has painted his car and done a mates nova show car. he is hoping that people are happy with his satandards and things go from there. it is a lot of hard work getting cars prepped people think it simple a case of painting them. good luck to you mate

E46 M3, x2 GTT, RS250
my mate works in a body shop too and was going to do the same as you. it is hard work, he is lucky that his manager lets him do foriegners at the weekend and have the unit to himself. he has painted his car and done a mates nova show car. he is hoping that people are happy with his satandards and things go from there. it is a lot of hard work getting cars prepped people think it simple a case of painting them. good luck to you mate

Thank you very much for the support, I know I will need it some where along the way:)