ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Permagard- Totally Recommended

182, Milltek
Took Black Thunder to Permagard at their Docklands HQ today. Thoroughly impressed with work, service, staff and price. :approve:

She now looks incredible (and I havent even seen her in proper daylight yet as it was dark by the time they finished). A fair few swirls beforehand (previous owner), now 95% gone, looks pretty much new. MUCH darker black, sucks the light in.

Dropped in ~9am, Ollie from the Trophy website was there as well (?). Went off and did the tourist thing round Greenwich with the Mrs and job was done by 4pm. Good little day out really.

Mike the boss was very knowledgable (used to work for Pagani), friendly bloke. Real enthusiast.

Only real drawback is it's a bit of a mission to get to (but worth it). And only time will tell if it lasts as it's supposed to.

Difficult to do justice in pics...

CIMG2290a.jpg

RB 182
Did you get rid of swirls before as I presume your not going to be able to get to it now to change it?

182, Milltek
I didnt trust myself enough to have a proper go at removing them. Permagard totally remove the wax layer and have a good old go at 'um before their coating. I figure if they couldnt get 'um I would have no chance. Just wish I'd had it done sooner.

106 GTi
Did they machine polish the car first? Did you see the paint under the halogen lights behind the car in the picture?

106 GTi
Done till it wears off after a year if you have not been back for the top up ;) or a pass from a decent polish!

Sold the sport :(
If I did something like that, i'd need to get all the stone chips sorted first - why is it clios suffer chips more than other cars?

182, Milltek
Yeah I do now want to get the chips. They'll always be something nagging you want doing though...

I would like to have stuck around and watched the whole process but they were doing the trophy 1st and the Mrs would have kicked my ass :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: .

Mine was done a few months ago and it cleaned up perfectly on Saturday from winter road muck hell to glorious deep glossy, water beading Capsicum Red in 50 mins!

I know lots of people ask about how the prep the car before they treat it, all you have to do is call them and they will happily explain the whole process end to end!

Here's a photo of a 'tired' bonnet half treated with PG:

381566245_7f3dc81928_o.jpg

I'll post some before and after pics of No 99 this evening....

Golf R
^^^ what, not impressed or ...?

mixed opinions of it.... wasn't impressed with the longetivity of the treatment.... so i'm going to have a go at getting the paintwork on the 2nd Trophy looking shiney and then see how it goes.

i'm not totally ruling out getting it done in the future but i'm going to PC the car and use some quality cleaning products and see what effect that has on the car.

As promised, 50 mins cleaning after weeks of winter driving and the Permagard treatment 3 months old.....

Before
381926614_653267607f_b.jpg

After
381941814_0d8758bda4_b.jpg

Before
381929057_dc366a161b_b.jpg

After
381933458_7e41a4892b_b.jpg

Before
381930721_0dae42f6b5_b.jpg

After
381934939_6d9d889fdc_b.jpg

Whilst the right hand side is far from perfect (in my eyes) it is a hell of an improvement. Is that a BMW? I am 'dubious' if the correction is from applying the sealant alone but if it is then its got pretty imprerssive filling capabilities.

Whilst the right hand side is far from perfect (in my eyes) it is a hell of an improvement. Is that a BMW? I am 'dubious' if the correction is from applying the sealant alone but if it is then its got pretty imprerssive filling capabilities.

It's only had the treatment as they would apply it to any car....

It's an old Merc and the owner had been told that he'd need a respray but he decided to let the Permagard guys have a go first for £200, money well spent I'd say....

Mito Sportiva 135

It's only had the treatment as they would apply it to any car....

It's an old Merc and the owner had been told that he'd need a respray but he decided to let the Permagard guys have a go first for £200, money well spent I'd say....

I can't believe that a paint protection system also restores it so well also. How do they apply it by hand? Probably just fills the imperfections in rather than removing it.

Black/Gold 182
Probably just fills the imperfections in rather than removing it.

don't really understand why that's a bad thing. The only way to fix a scratch is either fill it in or remove the height of the surrounding area to mask it. In fact, from some perspective, filling it seems better as you are not removing clearcoat from anywhere else

^^Agreed its not a bad thing it will however wear off with each wash so is not a permenant system.

Also the finish on that merc is still badly swirled which as a final finish is poor in my eyes. That said it was extremly bad before lol so it has been improved upon.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh, have to say that especially on that red 172, it looks really glossy still (assuming that shot was from just washing and drying)

Yeh, have to say that especially on that red 172, it looks really glossy still (assuming that shot was from just washing and drying)
'Red 172' = Trophy! ;)

The attention my car got on Saturday was a once over with the jet wash then a bucket of water with a couple of drops of the detergent that Permagard supply, rinse of with a hose, take the worst of the water off with a blade and then a quick rub down with a towel. All in 50 minutes work...

The water beads off the car like it's been freshly waxed and the dirt isn't far behind! By all accounts it will still be doing that in 8 months time when it'll go back to PG for a 'service'.

Permagard also provide a warranty with the treatment so presumably if it wears off before the year is up they will retreat it for free....

I am very, very impressed with it so far!

Golf R
Permagard also provide a warranty with the treatment so presumably if it wears off before the year is up they will retreat it for free....

not so sure about that.... when i complained about mine they suggesting bringing the car back for a retreatment - at my cost not theirs. 5 months after paying for the treatment i wasn't too pleased with the prospect of that :S