ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

personalised plates

Im waiting for the right one to come along.. its been released, but if it ever comes up for auction, Ill be there.

wen i was hunting around 4 clios i found one that had the plate N *** V V V (Va Va Voom) so i had to have the car and the plate! it jus helps the car stand out lil more..

yes mate i love the private plate theme in fact ive just got mine sorted today so as my name is Ausy my number plate now reads A14 USY (A1 AUSY)

Iv got a standard plate that read L*** U - GO, it amazing the amount of people that wanna race you cos it says U - GO first in the window.

well my dad went in for one few months back and said dependin on how much it is i could av it as a prez!

my name: Alex Ranson

RAN 50N

went over £16k!!!!!

just got mine through the door,

me names mitch

plate is N77 TCH with a bit of playing legal as possible it will say me name

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 16 May 2003

well my dad went in for one few months back and said dependin on how much it is i could av it as a prez!

my name: Alex Ranson

RAN 50N

went over £16k!!!!!

feck me thats expensive, i almost transferred my plate off my gtturbo it was H172*** obv at the time i bought the turbo i didnt know i was guna get the 172 afterwards, must have been a sign lol, didnt bother in the end as i was short of cash at the time but wish i had now :(

N8EL U, did have an accidentally placed bolt cover in the middle of the 8!! but...damn anal traffic warden gave me a ticket, got out of the fine by getting new legal plates took photos and sent them away and they let me off, prised off the bolt covers and the old ones are back on!!

Yep, Ive got one.

Currently on my 172 - C3 MAG and Im waiting until payday to get another. Not willing to say what incase some bugger goes and buys it. I may put the new one on instead of the C3 plate and then sell the C3 Plate, as Ive been told I can get double my money on it. Also anyone thinking of getting plates made up, I can totally recommend fancyplates.com. Ive got a nice renault badge where the euro sign usually is and a nice black fades to silver border (same colours as the car) with a cool clio badge in the bottom right corner.

GR7

Shiny red R32

I have J7 and my initials as my lucky number is 7 and my birthday is the 7th July (7th month)!! Hubby bought it for me in 1992 when the DVLA started selling them and it has been on a few cars since then.

Can someone please explain!! What I dont understand is why when you post pics do most people blank out their number plates, yet tell everyone who reads this topic what their numbers are?? :confused:

Abarth 595 Trufeo

X 11UGH

I thought at the time it had to be done.

I also find that a white bord marker works well and when the copper gets upset you can just wipe out the mark saying that it must have been a bit of dirt.. worked for me

Hugh

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 17 May 2003

Mike

Which do you hate? Moose or personal plates?
Personal Plates which have initials as the only one who knows what it means is the driver!........waste of money in my opinion but its very much personal choice. I would rather give the money to a charity than get a number plate if i had it spare.

Renault Laguna Coupe

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Mike Wright on 18 May 2003

Personal Plates which have initials as the only one who knows what it means is the driver!........waste of money in my opinion but its very much personal choice. I would rather give the money to a charity than get a number plate if i had it spare.
Mike

This is exactly what a friend says! She says "Why pay hundreds of pounds for a number plate when it comes free with the car?" (or £25 as some garages charge)

Although initials are personal to the owner, they might not be concerned that a stranger doesnt know what they mean! On the other hand, what about drivers who pay hundreds of pounds for plates which dont actually make up the word they would like? That is far sillier than a persons initials, which are accurate!! A while back someone I know with an aunt Kitty bought a plate for her Beemer with K2TTY. If it doesnt say K1TTY then it isnt KITTY!!

Some examples are:

N77TCH - Mitch

M800SSE - Moose

G16NNN - Glenn

B6DYS - Bodys