ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Blue 182???????????

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
Right..........Went and looked at the car yesterday and tbh I was disappointed. The paint on the car was crap even though I told him this was the most important thing...............It has marks (stonechips up the side, marks on rear bumper, up the front of passenger door and on both sideskirts and think one of the mirrors was damaged too) and the usual front stone chips and inner door marks (starting to rust) from poorly fitted doors.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have the car painted nowadays.

The other thing was there was a de cat pipe in the boot and the cat had been put back on but butchered and blowing for it's mot apparently, also seat bolsters are worn at the bottom but thats not a massive job to fix.

The car isn't badly priced but needs money spending to get back to mint and he's not budging below £2250. Mileage is just over 90k with history and had dealer work for belts etc etc...........

O

Oakley12

Abit of a shame when you go and see a dog of a car. IIRC a full re-spray is around 15-1700. But or depends on how good the sprayer is and the reputation of the garage!

I bet when the seller see'd the cash he will drop! Always happens! Might not be a substantial amount but they will budge :).

Hope you get the car your after!

Fiesta ST200
Careful when choosing someone to spray Petrol Blue. It's a very difficult colour to get right, let alone match.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
HXS at the end, had a new bumper on mine, as you say nearly the whole car had to be resprayed because it was so difficult to match.

Clio 172
This is the one at frazer Murray ? I went to view it aswell and was also disappointed at the paint work. Discripsion sayed it was immaculate and it really isn't :(! It pulled very nice but had a little crunch when quick shifting into 4th.

It was actually for sale on here too at some point if you want a look at the sellers thread. Sure there was a dent in the roof too.

O

Oakley12

Has it Been up for sale for around 3 months? I think I looked at this?

Got a link to the sellers thread?

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
Yeah thats the one............spoke to frazer on the phone and he assured me that the only paint mark was the 3 deep ones on the door. I told him what I thought when I saw it and he said he wasn't interested as it would sell at what he wanted for it but as I know from cliosport.net and being a mechanic myself I knew he was talking out his arse. It's a limited market due to the colour and car and no one wants to take on a petrol blue with a crunching box.

The search continues......................

Right..........Went and looked at the car yesterday and tbh I was disappointed. The paint on the car was crap even though I told him this was the most important thing...............It has marks (stonechips up the side, marks on rear bumper, up the front of passenger door and on both sideskirts and think one of the mirrors was damaged too)

Just wondering why you linked "rear bumper" to a bike saddle? :p thought it was going to be a picture of how bad the bumper was lol.

Sounds like a shame as there aren't many petrol blues around.

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
Just wondering why you linked "rear bumper" to a bike saddle? :p thought it was going to be a picture of how bad the bumper was lol.

Sounds like a shame as there aren't many petrol blues around.

Didn't link anything lol.....I'm keeping an eye on it and seeing how it goes. I'm not giving up just yet. If it comes up at the right price and I can justify it to get it back mint then I will but atm it's just not the right price.

O

Oakley12

From Manchester area? I'm pretty certain that's the one I was going to have a look at!

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
From Manchester area? I'm pretty certain that's the one I was going to have a look at!

No mate...........this ones up in scotland. Am I barking up the wrong tree at £1500 based on what needs doing to the car to get it mint again.

O

Oakley12

Can someone upload a pic of it please? Might be the same and someone's bought it then selling it because of the problem?

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
On eBay. Item 150953033589
Been up for about 3-4 months since a guy on here sold it to the trader. Was only reduced from £2995 last week.

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
Yeah I just left it aswell. What gear did the box crunch with you?

Tbh I didn't get that far lol and as soon as I saw the paint I was off. I missed the dent on the roof too but saw the one in the boot and that was enough. If I could get away with minor paint work I would of took it out but I was that mad with it I didn't bother cause I would of broke it lol.

PB Clio 172
Sounds like a lot of work. Its one of those things the paint looks stunning but it comes at a cost. If you have to spray 1 panel you may need to do the whole car!

I would say drop the price if he says no walk away. If the car has faults he should expect to go down on price