ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Gauge

Renault Clio Dynamique
I seem to be having a problem with the petrol gauge it just decides to flash full tank at random and just give me different bars when it feels like it and the light keeps coming on. Does anyone know what's up with this?

clio 172
the pump has a floater, similar to what youd find in your toilet. So basically this floater is linked to the fuel gauge, if it gets stuck then the gauge gets stuck in one position. Now, if it´s just acting up like a crazy gauge then it´s likely that the wiring is acting up.

Renault Clio Dynamique
also to add i can't see how many miles i have left before it needs filling again.

Pug 205 gti
the pump has a floater, similar to what youd find in your toilet. So basically this floater is linked to the fuel gauge, if it gets stuck then the gauge gets stuck in one position. Now, if it´s just acting up like a crazy gauge then it´s likely that the wiring is acting up.

yep, fuel senders gone