ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol light not working????

C

Cupster

Someone please explain when the petrol light should come on? The needle on my clio was way in the red last night and still no warning light! Do I have to wait until the computer says '----' on the 'miles left' before it lights up?

Clio 172 Ph1
Mine generally comes on when I've got around 35 miles left according to the trip computer, with a 32mpg or so average. That's on a ph1 though so I don't know if this is likely to apply in your case.

106 GTi
I believe Renault can set at what point the fuel light is set to come on at in 172/182s so settings could change from car to car.

Trojan said:
Mine generally comes on when I've got around 35 miles left according to the trip computer, with a 32mpg or so average. That's on a ph1 though so I don't know if this is likely to apply in your case.
what he said ^^^

clio 172
i think it comes on when there is a gallon left in the tank.
ie if your doing 40mpg on the trip then it will go blank at 40 miles left and if your doing 32mpg it will go blank and red light on at 32 miles left. the gauge always looks below the red on mine before the warning light.
trusted the computer down to what i believe was about 6 miles left and never ran out so good enough for me.
ph1 172 by the way.
hope this answers your question
Alex