ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol light stuck on.....

Clio Sport 172
Right put £15 petrol in earlier tonight so enough petrol in there before I start...

After putting petrol in went for a drive and everything ok. Went in the house for 20 mins jumped back in car drove off and no probs...stalled the car, started it back up and my fuel needle was sat down the bottom of the gauge and petrol light was on....turned off car, started back up and needle rised up to about 1/4 and light still on.....turned off again restarted and still the same, gauge rised but light still on...my odometer works fine apart now for the miles left..it just shows --------any ideas?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
£15 of fuel is what 3 gallons of fuel? Not a lot, red light comes on at about 1.5 gallons left i'd say.

Clio Sport 172
Ok see what your saying....but on the way to work this morning my light came on because there was about 34 miles worth left in the tank and the needle was RIGHT ON THE BOTTOM....now its about just over 1/4 tank...surely it shoudn't be reading low (light on) when its in that position??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
To be fair, clios are crap with accurate fuel measuring, just fill it up and then see what happens IMO.

My second half of the tank lasts twice as long as the first!

BMW M135i
I had this happen on my 1.6, I took the connector off the fuel pump/level sender under the rear bench. Cleaned the connectors up (where covered in s**t) banged it back on and problem solved.

Clio Sport 172
Well just found a thredthat was started ages ago on how to do the diag test by using the button on the end of the stalk and my light has no gone off after I cleared the it....must of been a little fault there or something????

Mk2 1.2 Campus
To be fair, clios are crap with accurate fuel measuring, just fill it up and then see what happens IMO.

My second half of the tank lasts twice as long as the first!

Yeah same here. Mine is showing exactly half now, it says I have done 120 miles but have 270 left lol