ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

petrol, petrol, petrol!!!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
My 182 cup seems to average 23 mpg most of the time whether I'm ring road driving, commuting to work, or on country roads. The only time is goes above that is on the motorway which is a lot better. From a full tank of v-power (109.9p in Bristol atm) my range on the car shows 279 miles, but I never let it get empty.

try buying drev its £1.10 :( i get 500miles out of 50quid thats town driving my trip claims 55mpg an a range of 700plus miles

'51, 172
my 172 which ive recently bought isnt brilliant but its still a lot better than the previous car, mk4 astra 2.2 sri. (which was slower);)

Clio 182
My 182 cup seems to average 23 mpg most of the time whether I'm ring road driving, commuting to work, or on country roads. The only time is goes above that is on the motorway which is a lot better. From a full tank of v-power (109.9p in Bristol atm) my range on the car shows 279 miles, but I never let it get empty.

How can yours be so low too... do you drive very hard? Is that after a recent reset?

clio 197, mazda rx7
At the moment i'm averaging 35.5mpg on my daily commute (10 miles each way, busy B-roads, lots of stopping and starting in traffic)... whereas with my old Vectra 2.0 SRI it was just under 31mpg. I'm very impressed with the Clio! :D

apparently the prices of petrol will be around £1.50 with in the next couple of months :dapprove: , stupid government:mad:, any one else heard this rumor???

It's hardly going to rise 40% in two months!

i know i dont believe it will either, but you never know, on the radio today they were going on about how petrol has gone up again and thats not just petrol every thing in general has gone up in price

Black 182
Give it time and it will be like the really old days when only well off people could afford cars , we will have gone full circle from not being able to afford them years ago to everybody having them back to not being able to afford them !

Clio 197
I used to run my 182 at 13p per mile (when fuel was below £1). £40 would get me 300 miles if I drove sensibly.

Now I get 250 sensible miles from £40 in my C2 (despite the MPG being better). Grr.

BMW F21 125d
172 FF, computer says its 35.1mpg (all short journeys)
But when i work it out at the pump from the reciept im getting between 32-33mpg on average

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
I got a record at the weekend - a full notch less than half a tank got me 150 miles with the computer showing dead on 45mpg. That was from the centre of Stoke to the outskirts of Carlisle, about 155 miles on the tripmeter, with one stop at a motorway services 60 miles in. Oh, and I should probably mention that I had the cruise on at 60mph! It equates to 155 miles for about £17.50. Absolute result!

Blk/Gold 182 FF
Give it time and it will be like the really old days when only well off people could afford cars , we will have gone full circle from not being able to afford them years ago to everybody having them back to not being able to afford them !

People in work were sayin that if this increase in petrol, gas, electric carrys on, britain will be classed as in a state of fuel poverty!!!!! :S

320d

Well i wouldnt go that far lets face it you drive a high performance 2.0 16v car. If you swapped for a dci 80 for instance you would be seeing 55mpg and saving £170 a year on tax and got knows how much on insurance. Thats the way the government wants us to go and they are getting there way with tax on fuel.

My point is fun cars will be a thing of the past soon, before i am even old/rich enough to afford one.

1998 BMW e46 323i
£102.9 per litre = £13.34 every 100 miles at an average of 35mpg,.. I don't drive slowly, far from it. I do a mixture of motorway and other roads, and rarely use anythng other than 95 ron.

Some people must be driving round in 3rd gear all day.

2 litre twin turbo estate
about 34mpg in the clio.. borrowed my brothers fabia Vrs yesterday flicked thru the trip computer when i got in it 28MPG!!!!!!!! and who said diesels were economcal... lmao

Get between 31 and 32mpg usually. Drove to heathrow to pick up my mate the other day and filled up at a BP motorway service station.. 119.9p for ultimate! needless to say I didnt fill the tank :(