ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petrol smell....help!

Clio1.2 R reg MK2 Phase 1
Hi guys,

just got back from a week on holiday, turned my Mark 2 Phase 1 (1998) Clio on, and through the fan, no a/c, there was a nasty smell of petrol coming in? not too bad, but fairly obvious!

Is this a common problem, or rather a serious problem? any help would be great. Diagnostics near speedometer showed nothing wrong, half a tank of fuel and everything on appearance ok under bonnet?

Thanks!

nissan sunny gtir
hello mate check under the back seat the top of petrol filter i think i had this problem once and the whole thing just needed to be tightened up but just come all of a sudden

Will i be able to drive with the problem in the mean time? if it is a fuel return pipe?

Dynamique S 138
depends where its leaking i suppose but wouldnt advise it really, try sealing it with something, you can get replacement pipes from scrappies/renault etc

Hi, just gone out and had a look, the problem does not start until i turn the engine on, and the smell goes after a while.

The air intake is at the top of the bonnet near the windscreen wipers, so do you think that i will be a cracked pipe?

Is it a common problem with Clio's? Quite annoying as need to drive tomorrow!