ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol

Clio 182
right... going on holiday upto scotland to see family next week so i thought id check petrol prices up there as i know there robbing c***s lol. NO SUPER UNLEADED! well nearest place is 23 miles away from where im staying.

what i need to know as ive only had my 172 for a few weeks is will can i use normal unleaded or will it screw my car over and if so shall i make a trip to the "special" station and jerry can the super unleaded?

may be stupid question but want to take care of my pride and joy and i know she loves a bit of super ;)

cheers guys
sweeney

Lol, there's no reason that your car will get 'screwed over' by putting normal petrol in it. Most people on here hardly use super etc.

J

jakm15

you could use it from day one no bad effects, you may get a slight performance increase with the higher RON but nothing much really.

Cammed 182 :)
The engine is designed to run on 95 ron which is your basic petrol. super unleaded is anywhere between 97-99 in the uk it will run smoother than standard but running standard petrol will do no damage to your car unless it was mapped to run super unleaded. I fill up with super every 3rd tank full.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The engine is designed to run on 95 ron which is your basic petrol. super unleaded is anywhere between 97-99 in the uk it will run smoother than standard but running standard petrol will do no damage to your car unless it was mapped to run super unleaded. I fill up with super every 3rd tank full.

Engine is mapped for 98 as standard IIRC?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I only realized it was meant to be on 98 ron yesterday whilst filling up. Bit late though as I'd just hit the £46 mark when I noticed the sticker lol

doubt it's a big difference anyway but I'll be using it from now anyway

182 (Conversion)
If it's mapped for 98 then surly £ - miles makes no difference. In fact wouldn't it be more economical to use super than non.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
it wont make 1 single bit of difference, i always used optimax/vpower though but you wont notice a difference.

its RECOMENDED you use 98ron, its not mapped for it! take it to india and run it on there cooking oil and you might notice a difference but it wont damage it, its not a 500bhp turbo car mapped for 98ron lol

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
90% of the time mine runs on normal ron. notice no difference atall

Albi Blue RS 200
Lol, there's no reason that your car will get 'screwed over' by putting normal petrol in it. Most people on here hardly use super etc.

I'd imagine or at least hope that people with the 98 Ron Fastchip maps on use Super.

Clio 182 arctic
i'm pretty sure guys that i can feel the difference between the cheaper fuel to something like v-power. The car feels instantly more responsive, whether that was something to do with the fact that the tank was almost empty i dont kno

yap

51 Clio 172
Bought my car new on a 51 plate, along time ago now. 98 ron on the petrol cap but I have only used 95 ron. no probs at all.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
ran mine of normal unleaded for about 10 months, now i only use v-power. want to be a little kind to it :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if a car such as ben's above is mapped to run it then yes their may be a slight performance loss going back to normal fuel but no damage will be caused.

lol @ the people who "INSTANTLY" feel a difference even although the injectors, fuel lines and pump still have the old fuel in them!!

Nissan 350z
Tbh if your going on holiday in your car its probably going to be full of camping gear and what not anyway which will no doubt have more performance decrease than what fuel you are putting in it! :p

Yeah you can run it on normal 95 ron unleaded.

I've seen me doing it on a few occasions and thats with Remapped Ecu set to 98 ron.

Lol :approve:

53 Clio's & counting
I always user super, mainly because imo its better for the car, and it ends up making about a £1 or so difference between tankfulls anyway so its not exactly saving me any money! Id rather pay an extra quid or so and know my cars getting the better fuel, we spens £££££ on better air filters, exhausts etc that may give a few hp, why not a bit extra on better fuel?