ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol

Insider information confirms we are going to hit close to 89p a litre by the summer.

Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "dont buy petrol on a
certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we
wouldnt continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy petrol.
It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for
them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that
can really work. Please read it and join in! By now youre
probably thinking petrol priced at about 77p a litre is super
cheap - It is currently 79p - 83p for regular unleaded
in some towns.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned
us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at 77p -80p, we need
to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the
marketplace.... not sellers. With the price of petrol going up
more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we
are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone
in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that
WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

Heres the idea: For the rest of this year,Dont purchase ANY petrol
from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.
If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce
their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will
have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally
millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. Its really simple to do!! Now,
dont whimp out on me at this point...

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it
to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at
least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the
Message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached
over

THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass
this on
to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. Thats all.(and
not buy at ESSO/BP)

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this
message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 70p a LITRE RANGE

Action:
Its easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your
Petrol at Shell, Texaco, Sainsburys, Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso

whats the point? Most of the expense is tax by the government so you wont find the petrol companies knocking 10p a litre off their prices, as they dont make that much profit on it.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Dust on 11 February 2003

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the Message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached
over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.

Yeah right. All that rhetoric about fuel prices and then it just turns out to be a good old fashioned chain-letter. Get a life mate.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Tx levels remain constant but prices go up and down depending on crude oil production, I believe. With possibility of wart these prices will rise further.

i quite like paying 81.9 p a litre for my petrol (as I usually do at the Shell garage I use)... doesnt really bother me to be honest :)

i think petrol costs are the only thing i dont look at / havent looked at when buying cars....

yes it would be nice if it was 40p a litre or something but hey.. it isnt... not paying VAT would be nice as well..... or tax on my salary....

If war breaks out in Iraq then yes it is likely that the price per barrel will increase & we will be expected to pay more.

Yes Im sure the lorry drivers could blocade the fuel depos again, but the cabinet were incredibly embarassed by what happened last time, and if we do get to this situation again the government will use force - in the form of soldiers to clear the way.

Fuel prices are affected mainly by the commodity markets, in reaction to anticipated world events. Dealers will specualte against the possibility of fuel price fluctuations in securing supply for their customers at a later date - hedging in other words. If they anticipate fuel prices will be higher at a certain point in the future, there will be increased demand for oil now as the future supply becomes secured - this leads to price rises as demand escalates. Fuel traders will be working overtime at the moment with the current Iraq scenario - not because supply from Iraq matters much, but because it causes uncertainty. People hedge against oil prices in times of uncertainty.

Tax on fuel is proportinate to the basic price of the fuel. This is simplified, but if the cost per litre is 10p before tax and tax is 80%, the pump price becomes 18p per litre. So if the basic price rises to 11p, then the total price becomes 19.2p per litre.

So even a small rise in the pre-tax price can become a fairly large increase by the time it gets to the pumps.

The previous Government introduced the "fuel escalator" in the early 1990s, which increased the amount of tax on petrol/diesel every year by statute. After the fuel protest in 2000, the fuel escalator was scrapped by the current administration (though it no doubt found the lost revenue elsewhere).