ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PFC "Tricks of the Trade"

BMW M135i
Anyone noticed in this months PFC mag in their 172 project section they mention pulling the ABS fuse on track days as its too intrusive apparently.

Got to wonder where they get their facts from as a) I don't personally think it was that intrusive and most importantly b) pulling the abs fuse kills the EBD and reverts to a 50/50 brake split which makes for an "interesting" drive.

Not such a bright idea to be putting in peoples heads imo.

ITB'd 182...
iirc Burp pulled it out on track once and had an interesting time to say the least ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Yeah, I lol'd too, remember when my fuse blew on the old 172! Was intresting in the wet, back end overtaking ftl!

172 Race Car
I did flick through the mag in a petrol station recently and laughed out loud (so much so the guy at the till looked at me funny)

Not a good idea. Been there, done that

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nlH2QJc4NT8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nlH2QJc4NT8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

PH1 172 Sport
I can't say i find the ABS that intrusive even on the track.

Only time it seems to come on is in the wet at low speed (circa 10mph) whilst turning and braking.

340i
I had to laugh when I read that aswell....

Wonder how many people have actually tried it, after reading the article?!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
thats projects thing in pfc makes me laugh they say there doing the cars on a tight budget but spend a fortune,they bought a 205 gti for £450 and named it the credit crunch bargain then in this month spent £700 alone on new rear beam