ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 Headlights Question

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Guys,

Question re headlights on Ph1 172.

I bought a pair of brand new Hella units from Euro Car Parts last week, but returned them due to them being faulty. Basically, the whole internals of the headlights could be moved up and down, almost like on a pivot.

I have since purchased another brand new genuine Hella headlight unit on eBay, and when it arrived today, it is the same? So, is it actually broken? Or are they meant to do this?

This new one needs returning either way because aside from the above, one of the mounting points is broken anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Ash

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Mine are the same (and even one took from a scrapyard for making a track air intake.. ) and the internals pivot because they are attached to a servo motor that through a rotary adjuster near the steeering column lets adjust the where the headlight will project the light on the road.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Perfect, I was starting to think that was probably the case.

Thanks for confirming.