ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 172 horrible feel to clutch pedal

ph 1 172
Morning all I'm looking for some advice with regards to why my clutch pedal feels so horrible on my ph1 172.

For starters there is a lot of play in the pedal probably getting on for 2 inches before you can actually feel it moving the cable.

Then once you press the pedal and remove the slack when you press it down slowly it feels notchy it's not a smooth motion at all.

So with the pedal not moving smoothly it can lead to slipping the clutch and then you let the pedal up a bit more and the car will lunge forward which is just a pain in the arse.

Car has just gone over to 80k miles, I have an invoice for a clutch purchased from gsf car parts but what make it was and when it was purchased I don't know as it has been water damaged at some point.

Any ideas what the problem could be?? Clutch fork movement looks once the slack has been removed from the pedal......can the cables stretch over time???

Thanks

Craig

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
if it was a Luk clutch kit on the invoice that may well be the problem, There has been issues with them after a few thousand miles.

ph 1 172
That's what I'm suspecting that it's had a crap clutch fitted. Annoying really I can't see what it says on the invoice. Is there any ways I could tell by looking through where the fork lever is perhaps??

Renault Clio 172
The cable cover can break up inside causing the problems you list, try that first.. ive had similar on my old fiesta and it was the cable