ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 NOS??

02' PH1 172
I have never read on this forum of anyone slapping some NOS into their 172's?
Anyone ever done this or know of anyone who has? Good or bad thing to do?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
It's not a 172, but ClarkieV6 has it on his V6 and probably knows a little bit about it :)

02' PH1 172
really?? i have heard from a few peeps that if you get a smallish kit that it will do no harm to the car at std form. Also, not sure if its a fat mission to fit to a 172

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
A small kit with a progressive controller should be fine, it's when you bang in an extra 50bhp in one go things will start breaking :)

PH2 vts
had nos on my vts, you need to use a controller and a bottle warmer kit for best effects, i went from 25bhp jets to 50 to 75 jets, starting at 40% to 99% so you knew that it was working and got an even flow. wizards of nos are the best kits. just got to be sensible with it and id get if fitted by someone who knows what they are doing as my first set up cost me a bottom end!

PH2 vts
having said that it used to be great fun and ment i had a mpg friendly car when not using it and a performance car when i was. just depends what your after. i soon wanted more and got boddies and cams etc