ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 strange misfire

Clio 172
I have a ph1 172 and discovered a misfire a few days back whilst driving to work ... it was weird as one minute it was driving fine then it started missing but at the same time as i carried on it was jolting as if it wanted to go somewhere ... i changed the leads .. coilpack and plugs .. misfire was still happening so decided to do an injector test and found that injector 1 whilst pulling the lead out nothing seemed to happed and the rest cut the car out ... i replaced this today and drove around 15 miles and it was perfect felt better than before and idling properly ... as i was reversingto pick somebody up the revs dropped to 5 and the car started missing again... i stopped to pull over and done an injector test andit seems that the same injector may have gone as it has done the same as last time all other 3 almost made it cut out and that one didnt really make a difference ... is there anything that could make it eat injectors like that?

Clio 182
Check signal and wires to injector you might have moved it on replacement making it work again,, im not sure but i thing the injector plug is a 2pin, easiest way is grab a sidelight bulb start the car and put the bulb right across the plug if you are getting a signal to there the light with pulse..if not either wiring fault or something else just follow wire and check it all, good luck