ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Gearstick into Ph2

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at fitting the Ph1 gearstick into my Ph2 172.

From what I've been told the cat needs to come out. Is there a way to do it without removing the cat? I was thinking that disconnecting the cat the centre section join, undoing the dogbone mount and moving the engine forward on the mounts would allow enough room to get it in and out?

I've not actually looked at it properly it's more of a guess. Anyone managed to do this? Or even better has anyone managed to dismantle the selector from inside the car and swap bits over without any of this messing around?

Cheers.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
When I fitted my Yanoo stiff shift I managed to do it leaving the decat pipe in place, so in theory you can do the same leaving the cat in place. You just need to loosen the cat to manifold bolts so you can pull it down enough to give you the access. It's tight though and expect grazed knuckles!
To dismantle it in situ and leave it in the car would be a right t**t to do, and probably take you 4 times as long.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Problem I've got is the cat to manifold bolts are so rusted they aren't even bolts anymore and I really can't be bothered faffing with them. I'm trying to think of a way I can do it without touching them so I can get it done this weekend rather than having to pick up a new fitting kit.

Many.
As long as its not a Twin barrel Ph1 cat, you have a chance. I'd bet money on one of the cat-to-mani bolts/springs snapping when you move the cat around though.