ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1+Kenwood KIV-700+Autoleads PC99-X12+PC99-KEN=FAIL?

Bus w**ker
Evening. So I broke my old headunit and replaced it quickly with a Kenwood KIV-700, threw it in and bish, bash, bosh it was up and running. Ordered the Autoleads PC99-X12 and Kenwood patch lead at the same time from somewhere else, as I like the ease of being able to use the OEM stalk control.

It finally turned up and so I set about taking half my f**king car apart to fit it, following the piss poor instructions and...f**k ALL. The headunit powers up and behaves as it should (retains memory, plays music from my iPhone etc) but the remote does jack and the display shows just the clock and temp (not 100% but I think it's meant to display Kenwood or something...not too arsed about that tbh).

So before I go order something else I wanted to check if anyone had any ideas?

I've attached the Red connector to the other Red connector that was attached to the clock.

IMG_1010.jpg

The Kenwood patch lead is actually two, I think it depends on the unit you have...but there's no info I can find. So I opted for this one as there's no PS2 port on my HU.

IMG_1011.jpg

The other looks like this:

IMG_1022.jpg

The blue lead above was then connected to the steering wheel remote lead from my HUs ISO block, it did have a male bullet connector crimped on but I removed it after it failed so I could insulate the cable again:

IMG_1012.jpg

So WTF have I done wrong? :( The original stalk control connector looks like this and is now not connected to anything at this end (the other end of it seems to connect to the Grey connected to the clock and obviously the stalk). The stalk adaptor for my HU connected to this...and worked.

IMG_1018.jpg

Any clues? :dapprove:

Thanks!

Sy

P.S. Here's a lot of cables...

IMG_1013.jpg

Did you power it on, save a station, turn it off with the patch lead unplugged from the unit? You have to do that, then do it again with it plugged in, or something like that.

The instructions for that will have been in the patch lead box.

Bus w**ker
Yeah it took me an age to figure out what the instructions were telling me to do lol, plugged it all in afterwards (had to swap permanent and 12v switched cables round as it wouldn't retain memory). May rip it all out and start again tomorrow night...

*Edit - All pictures were taken after I'd tried everything I could think of.

Autoleads have to be done with stereo reset completely to factory if you have had it in for a few days prior-you have the correct unit etc

Bus w**ker
Greg, cheers anyway. I'll rip it all back out, when I can be arsed, and start again.

Mr Audio, awesome thanks. I'll factory reset it before I try again...and if all else fails I'll swear, cry and throw things about.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
if all else fails I'll swear, cry and throw things about.

usually works mate!

also iirc when i was in halfrauds trying to sort the same thing out, they advised me that although the lead is supposed to give the use of the stalk controls it can sometimes give either limited or no control at all.

usually works mate!

also iirc when i was in halfrauds trying to sort the same thing out, they advised me that although the lead is supposed to give the use of the stalk controls it can sometimes give either limited or no control at all.

lol. thats code for we dont really know

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
i kinda guessed that seen as though they sold me "all the wires you will need" ie the cable to join the radio to the car and then a cable to patch the radio to the steering wheel controls, however they forgot to include the actual wire to join everything together (the one with the box and the red connectors)

needless to say i got a full refund.

Bus w**ker
Kenwood? Disappointed.
Yeah, I am disappointed in myself tbh. After my last Kenny HU I swore I'd not get another...and well I was weak as this one is pretty and has full iPhone 4 compatibility. But I'm already thinking of putting this one up for sale and going back to Pioneer, just can't get along with the Kenwood menu system and end up shouting at it a lot (it doesn't have voice recognition in case anyone is wondering).

Ring Moonie.................. or he may be busy booking his WEDDING!!
That doesn't even make any sense you mong, I'm not you for a start lol. Is this just your way of telling me he's got engaged? Because I already knew.

Bus w**ker
Ah well, no invite means I don't have to get him a wedding present or attend a third wedding next month. Win win.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
LOL

No one is getting an invite mate. His rundown of the day was

"Get up, go registry office, marry her, go for a family meal, go home and go bed. Job done"

Classy Moonie

Listerine & Poledo
My Alpine can sometimes forget it has a stalk attached, but there's no pattern for when it works/fails.

As for the dash-top display, Isn't the readout dead unless you have apsecific headunit/lead combination. The alpine display & stalk lead was something near to £75, but, curiously, the display never fails.

Stalk leads connects2>autoleads I provide 2 year warranty on connects 2 directly with myself, no need to go to connects 2 that's how confident I am in their products