ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 Track Car.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
240 for the pair mate...
Wanted to try the dunlops, jsut read in a few places that you need bone dry conditions for them to be amazing, so thought id stick with these..

Fitted the RC6's today...
Going to probably get Danny@519 to fit the braided lines and the SuperBlue as I cant drive it ont he road to test the brakes are blead properly, so rather him do it, than waste a trackday sitting under it bleading air bubbles out...

Nice. I found a full set of R888's for £470. Think that's my xmas present to myself sorted.
I can see the argument for RSR's but I really think it'd be good to get mine on 888's around cadwell again in the new year to see what it's like with grippy rubber lol

Nice. I found a full set of R888's for £470. Think that's my xmas present to myself sorted.
I can see the argument for RSR's but I really think it'd be good to get mine on 888's around cadwell again in the new year to see what it's like with grippy rubber lol

All that money on that car and you still haven't got decent tyres lol???

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Our part worn set lasted 3 days at blyton, a day at snett 300, day at cadwell in blistering heat, and a day at rockingham...

Well worth the money...
Try putting premium tyres on anything with bigger than 16's, 2 Contis for the front of my Megane lasted 6 Months and they were £260 ish at the time..
M3 was a grand for a full set of P-Zeros...

Ill put 888's on the clio any day lol

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
For sure, weve kept spending to the winter, where its not getting used on track, although im gutted at missing out on the cheap trackdays, I never want to risk it being wet and wasting £200 odd on a crappy day..

New wheels on..

20131109_105919_zps4d8e554e.jpg
20131109_110054_zpscde9cf9c.jpg

20131109_110026_zps87431243.jpg

There's a day at Blyton on 8th December - currently only £89 for the day

Last year I went down and at lunch time you could book on for 4hrs in the afternoon for £50. Think I'm gonna go for a drive down and if it's not slinging it down have a bit of a play.
Track days in the winter are pish cheap!

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Id do it no question if I could drive it there, and could defo get on at lunch, but to book it a week in advance, and trailer the car there, for it to be raining is a waste of £150 for the trackday and tow car fuel...

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Potentially something to buy next year as missing out on the cheap days is abit gay..

What wet tyres are recommended? Apart from Rainsports Cup_Phil LOL

Got the satchshift to buy this winter, then just save for next years trackdays..

LOL joking aside when it rained at Cadwell my lap times got quicker on rainsports. They're pretty good when they aren't overheating lol

Satchshift is still my absolute favourite mod I've ever done. It's brilliant mechanically, feels like cocking a gun and gives you the feeling that you've got a sequential gearbox lol

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Yea I dont think we would loose much money on it either, still be able to sell it for the same money..

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Studs are screwed into the spacers

And the cage is the cheap one off ebay that everyone says will kill me if I crash :)

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Depends what your going to be using the car for..
Any kind of racing youll NEED a full cage...

Track days, worst youll do is roll your car on a really bad day, so a rear cage will be fine, I cant see you ever flipping a car leaving the floor, so dont think the cage will come under massive strain...

Id like to extend it to a full cage to offer some leg protection incase of a massive shunt..

I bet your front bumper is as flimsy as a slags dildo with that many holes in!

Not really, its the fact i don't have the plastic that sits behind it and the plastic piece that bolts to the subframe removed that makes it so flimsy.

Look at at the first pic, you can see the distortion.

ON TOPIC

I have the ebay rear cage, brilliant piece of kit for the cash, i have it bolted in with spreader plates etc, its definitely going to do more good than bad in a crash.

I am upgrading to full cage over winter as i do drive rather hard on track and i would like to get into racing one day!

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Yea still have it.
Only been out twice this year due to my mate having a kid.
Did The new Blyton layout a while ago, and Donnington on Sunday.
Car performed well, abit lairy in the wet though on cold R888's

Want to try and dial out some understeer though, and think the Quickshift linkage has slipped a fraction as its notchey going into 3rd, and sometimes it finds 5th